Salmon River

Like a few steelheads swimming by while your driving?

Driving from Pulaski, Mexico exit white out. Wrecks everywhere.

** FISHING UPDATE **

Just spoke to my buddy (Brandon) and his salmon nutty buddies just got back from the SR. They were in the lower section and said the King blitz is on. Between the 2 guys, they landed 60 fish on Wed. Boy, that make me want to go golfing on Saturday..... oh wait, I am.

Come on, I will meet you at the White Haven exit of the NE extension. I know how bad you want to go.

give me a month to think about it

krayfish wrote:
** FISHING UPDATE **

Just spoke to my buddy (Brandon) and his salmon nutty buddies just got back from the SR. They were in the lower section and said the King blitz is on. Between the 2 guys, they landed 60 fish on Wed. Boy, that make me want to go golfing on Saturday..... oh wait, I am.

Ya, but you know B is a flosser/lifter/snagger/egg sacker like the rest of the Russians.

BUT...... he was working in the shop 3 hours from Pulaski. He not be flossing. With a number that large, I'm guessing they were spear fishing.

krayfish wrote:
BUT...... he was working in the shop 3 hours from Pulaski. He not be flossing. With a number that large, I'm guessing they were spear fishing.

Yup. The water is so low up there, the fish are coming up with their backs out of the water. Perfect for spear fishin'...

http://s800.photobucket.com/albums/yy283/elandkl/SR%20September%202012/?action=view&current=2012-09-10_15-40-31_148.mp4

Sorry I just don't see the appeal

+1 fred..... salmon fishing is on my "to do" list just below prostate infection.

afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

Snakeheads, Flatheads, Carp, [d]Salmon[/d], [d]Steelhead[/d] :-?

I prefer to stay away from the snagging circus . Plus those fish are close to home and wild . Don't get me wrong I would like to do it some time and its probably one above the list of prostate infection.

if ya really want to get into chrome then fish near river mouths, you hook a salmon along the beach and they are going balistic..

Fredrick wrote:
afishinado wrote:
Fredrick wrote:

Snakeheads, Flatheads, Carp, [d]Salmon[/d], [d]Steelhead[/d] :-?

I prefer to stay away from the snagging circus . Plus those fish are close to home and wild . Don't get me wrong I would like to do it some time and its probably one above the list of prostate infection.

Just a heads up, Fred, they started fin clipping hatchery fish four years ago. An overwhelming majority of these early run fish that have been coming in for the last week aren't clipped. A 200 yard walk will get you away from the circus, as well. Anything else you don't like about it? ;-)

Boyer

I guess the drive would be my next reason not to go

How far do you drive to go the the JAM? ;-)

Boyer

3 hours for reg jam 2 hours for salt jam 1hour 30 for Corsons inlet . If I could car pool I think I would go .

Oh no! Fred has consumed the koolaid.

C'mon Andy, you know it's tasty. ;-)

Boyer

You can hook up with Tim Robinson and join us on Oct 11th...

Back