PROPOSED GUN REGISTRATION

BPS wrote:
I wouldn't get too excited, it's too extremely left for PA.
A few liberals in big cities trying to burn their bras.
I'd be more upset that they even think it would fly, than i would be scared of something really coming of this. in which case, my guns would simply come up missing.

You see Jack? If you had simply said something like that in the first place, then you wouldn't have to defend yourself. :-D

Looks like those few big city Dems are trying to give away some seats to the other side. this will happen, but it won't be their seats.

Baetis, any legislator can propose any bill. Perhaps there is a need for a "second," that is, more than one sponsor. Then the bill is scrutinized in one or more committees. A majority of the committee must approve the bill before it goes to the floor for action. Do you know where this one stands? Did you inform anyone? Do you know whether it has any support beyond its six sponsors? Did you report that? Without this additional information, I think your post does nothing more than alarm people about something prematurely. Gun control is a sensitive topic not only among sportsmen, but with the general public. In that light, it is also a sensational topic and it makes sense to be careful in starting debates based upon a paraphrase of the proposal without at least providing the factual support for what you are paraphrasing. That's just my opinion, you can be the judge when you observe how this thread continues to develop.

Confiscation....won't pass
Fingerprinting... won't pass

An opinion, or do you have ultimate influence?

Even if this goes nowhere, you should thank people like baetis, for informing the american gun owner that ELECTABLE people of power are actually trying to mess with our rights and privileges.

Sorry, was that too Ted Nugentish for ya.

baetis wrote:

They are opinions, which is what I thought FarmerDave was asking me about.

Please, all I suggested is that when posting on topics like this, you would be wise to post a link to some information, like the actual Bill or maybe a news article.

The Gun Registration Act of 2007, house bill No. 760, sponsored by State Representatives Angel Cruz (D-180), Rosita Youngblood (D-198), Cherelle Parker (D-200), Jake Wheatley (D-19), Lisa Bennington (D-21), and Lawrence Curry (D-154) has been introduced in Harrisburg.

Jack: Thanks for the tutorial...it wasn't necessary.

I've known about this for quite awhile, and assumed everyone else did too. It's actually been a hot topic on a few other forums as well. When I say hot topic I mean, everybody is pretty hot that someone even thought of such a horrendous thing. I say people will speak their minds about this come election time. And all involved will be put in their place. This is how anti's try to push their way into every crevice they can find. Just like we're reminded evrytime we visit this site, how "fishing hurts".
It's almost laughable, then I remember, "These people are serious", then it's a little freaky.

Gun Registration

Consider:
I must register my ownership of my car or it can be impounded.
If I sell or give away my car, I must tranfer the title in writing.
I am required to have a photo driver's license to operate that car.

Query:
Why should I have greater secrecy and privacy with respect to gun ownership and transfer than vehicle ownership and transfer?

JackM wrote:
baetis wrote:

They are opinions, which is what I thought FarmerDave was asking me about.

Please, all I suggested is that when posting on topics like this, you would be wise to post a link to some information, like the actual Bill or maybe a news article.

You're right, I was only asking why you thought his post was misleading (or whatever). We're good.

Baetis, if you're gonna post something like this maybe you should give us a little more insight into each politican and why they feel the way they do. Nothing extravagant, but a short 150 word bio on each of them would help us understand. LOL

Thanks,

Brian

Just from a logistical perspective I don’t think this will happen anytime soon . Considering that 1 in 25 residents of Allegheny County have a concealed to carry permit. Which means roughly 50,000 permits in the county. Now add in all the rifle owners and you have a huge number in just one county. Now add Westmoreland County which has around 25,000 permits issued and their rifle owners and you have way over 100,000 in just two counties.

Look out our federal current situation with issuing passports. The backlog is incredible. Some centers will not issue unless you have a destination already booked. You think that state of pa could effectively implement this ???? I do not think so.

Liberals own guns too !!!

So what would happen if you didn't surrender your weapons? Would they come and confiscate you and your weapons? Or is that apprehend? Any way that they want to forcibly remove from my possesion my lawfully acquired weapons is unconstitutional. And waiting for the shoe to fall without voicing an opinion of opposition is foolishness.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Flyman

JackM wrote:
Gun Registration

Consider:
1. I must register my ownership of my car or it can be impounded.
2. If I sell or give away my car, I must tranfer the title in writing.
3. I am required to have a photo driver's license to operate that car.

Query:
4. Why should I have greater secrecy and privacy with respect to gun ownership and transfer than vehicle ownership and transfer?

I got this one.

1. You only have to register your car is you intend to use it. They will only confiscated your unregistered car if you use it. Furthermore, if you do use that car, and it gets impounded, you can get it back. I'll bet you cannot get your gun back if you surrendered it and don't have a permit.

2. If you sell or give away your car, you do not have to transfer title in writing. It just makes it a whole lot easier for the new owner to prove he owns it and to register it. You absolutely can get a new title for an untitled car. It's just a pain in the butt.

3. OK, our drivers licenses do have our pictures, but we don't have to be fingerprinted to get one.

4. Driving or owning a car is not a right protected under the constitution. It is only a privelege.

HowdIdo?

Yes, liberals do own guns.
Conservatives also have abortions.
And it's nice most of us can live in the real world.
Somewhere between Ted Nugent and Michael Moore.
I just meant this is extremely left and borderline communism.
Comparing registering your car to gun registration is moot.
How bout toothbrush registration, or at least knives. I know both have killed people.

Toothbrush???

I'll have to try that one. :lol:

Archy Bunker: "Would you be happier if they were thrown out of windows?"

Very well, but it was all rhetorical.

The whole "Big Brother is coming to take your guns" thing gets kinda old. I would think even an avid gun owner like yourself would tire of it after a while.

Sorry Jack, but gun ownership is a protected right, no registration required. Automobile ownership is not a right.
This could be a backdoor attempt to outlaw guns period. Just like the boiled frog, it was'nt hot at first. It was nice and warm and comfortable.

No big brother in this world in the last century. Remember history, Hilter was a hero, At first. Communism was for the people, At first. Then millions died.

Would it be better to have this (if necessary) to apply only in the two cities? and have a separate consideration for those who have had a valid hunting license for the last ? years!

Back