Next fly swap??

i never did this VIA mail. This is more of a learning expience than anything for me just to lets yous know.

Sorry for the delay all. I was gonna get mine off today, but missed work with migraines. They are going out tomorrow.

My flies are in the mail, actually went out on Monday.

I was fiddling with the power outlets under my desk, and what do I find, but a spent wing trico. I fear it's from the swap flies I sent out... I was showing a coworker what exactly a fly was and had them out of the bag.

If mine is short one trico, either send someone one of their flies back, or I can find some way to compensate.

Incredibly sorry guys.

JayL,

If you are short one, don't worry about. Tried to send you a PM, but I'm having trouble with again.

JH

Guys,

Here's an update, still waiting on one set of flies. Not sure how much longer I'm going to wait though. I've tried to contact him, but he hasn't visited the site for a while.

The flies all look great and can't wait to send them out! JayL, I recieved 20 flies from you.

JH

Guys,

Well, I'm still waiting on one more set of flies. I will send one more email and if I hear nothing by the 1st of May I will send out everyone's flies minus the set that we've been waiting for! :-x

JH

What!!!! I just got on here and missed the midge swap!!! mannnnn whens the next one? I just started tying flies in feb. but I have been using my stuff and doing well so far.
Im def in on the next one....unless its a mayfly swap...still need practice there.

Well Guys, I gave our last tier the benefit of the doubt, a couple emails and PM's. No luck! It's been a month so I will be mailing the packages on Wed. Sorry for the delay.

JH

PS.. Anyone want to volunteer to take the pics for the Swap page?

I would love too but my camera is not up to the job I'm afraid... that said I'll give it a go and send them over to to check...

Guys,

Flies are in the mail!!! All except 2beonthewater's that is, I didn't get a chance to go to the Post Office. Since we had a no show, everyone got one fly of each pattern. So everyone got one of each of their patterns back.

JH

Got them today. Kinda makes me wish there weren't any real hatches on so the trout would be keying on the midges. I love to fish the small stuff.
Although I'm no photographer, I'll give it a try and let you know if my camera can handle them.
David

Just got mine. Nice job everyone. Each fly will catch fish!

JG

Sorry guys...I've tried, but the camera wont focus on those small ones. I think it might have been from dunking it in oil creek a couple weekends ago. It's much noisier than it had been and just won't focus on the flies.
So if anybody else can do the pictures....

Snail mail brought the flies today. Great ties everybody, will try them tomorrow. Thanks to all and Jason for hosting.

"Quit Wishing" "Go Fishing"

Still awaiting my flies But I'll try the photos when they arrive ;)

Did anyone get any pics yet? Going to have some free time this week, so I'll give it a try.

JH

I tried but they looked shocking and didn't do the flies justice, sorry for the delayed response I've been pretty busy the past few weeks...

Back