Next fly swap??

The way the fly I posted got its name was my buddy's friend had a hard time saying "chironomid" one day so he just kept calling the fly the chronic midge.

flyfishermanj
I am going to have to drop out of the midge swap
something came up
beadhead2

flybop wrote:
The way the fly I posted got its name was my buddy's friend had a hard time saying "chironomid" one day so he just kept calling the fly the chronic midge.

Whiskey'll do that!!! :pint:

so what is the final count of tyers
and how many flies are we sending in for each pattern??

Midge Swap,

The final tally is 11 tiers. This means you will have to tie 10 flies of each pattern that you are submitting. If you want, you can tie an extra one of each so that I can send a set to dkile, host of this fine site.

I will be "PM"ing everyone my address in the next couple of days when I get a little more time.

JH

11 flies it is.........thanks swapmeister

Micro Emerger is one pattern other unknown at this time. Go for 12 apiece one each for the resident photography poster

i never mailed flies before. i have swaped before but i just handed them to them. can i just put in 35mm film canaster in an envelope? or what is a better way.

For a midge swap, that should be fine. If the flies are bigger, you want to make sure that the container you send is big enough for any possibly larger patterns to be sent back to you.

Yea-who-

If it is your first swap don't forget a self addressed envelope with postage. I typically use one of those smaller size padded envelopes. Costs about a buck each way for postage.

Some tiers include a "toe tag". Some sort of label is nice. On the label some just put their screen name, some get elaborate with a complete recipe for the fly. At least a screen name is nice because then you know who tied what, and who to PM if you have a question on technique, material, or want the recipe.

And lastly throwing in an extra fly or two for the "swapmeister" is not mandatory, but a nice option to consider.

JG

Guys,

Sorry for being a little late on the patterns and PM's, had a little incident this week. I cut off a piece of my middle finger at work Mon. morning. I know it's not a viable excuse, but has slowed me down a little up until today. I'm still planning on tying my patterns, I think I'll be tying again next week sometime. When your right handed, you don't realize how much you use your left hand, and really have no idea how much that middle finger is used either!!! :-o

Here's the list of tiers and patterns:

2bonthewater: Spring Cr, Pupa & Blackbeaded Bubble Midge
flybop: Chronic Midge & TBA
wayne32pa: Zebra Midge & WD40
David: Black hackled/winged Dry & Cream Emerger
harry: Micro emerger & TBA
djmeyers: RS2 & Black Peacock Emerger
Flydog: TBA & TBA
jayL: Al's Rat & Spent Winged Midge/Trico
yea-who: Griffen's Gnat & Midge Larva
jerseygeorge: Indicator Parachute Midge & TBA
flyfishermanj: Red Brassie & Serindipty or Shopvac?

Any questions, please PM me.

JH

FlyfishermanJ,
Thanks for hosting the swap.
That is terrible about your finger...will it heal? I hope it wasn't too much of the finger that it will always affect you.

As a side note...any relation to Hunter Hurst from Pittsburgh? I thought he had a younger brother named Jason. Your avatar is small, but you kinda look like him.

I cut off the tip of my middle finger .....I put a weight down and the guy ahead of me left a weight on the floor and I put my weight on the floor......and snap .....blood everywhere.....I did manage to save the fingertip, but I perform HOMESTYLE surgery probably once a week.....it is always a problem.....but glad I still have the entire finger, although it does look pretty hideous.....the nail has been removed multiple times, but it keeps growing back....in like 4 or 5 different pieces.........I have felt your pain.....

THAT sucks.....

David,
Not a relation of my knowledge. I will have to ask my Aunt if we have family in the area though.

2bonthewater,
Ouch!!! I lost more of the side then the tip, almost looks like I put my finger in a pencil sharper. As for the blood, hard to believe how much can come out of a finger. The day after was the worst so far, though the stiches through the fingernail may be a problem in the near future. How long was it before you could tie again?

JH

Midge Swappers,

Here's an update on the swap. We have had one person have to drop out. So if you haven't sent your flies yet, you can tie one less of each pattern(10 instead of 11). As for those who have sent your flies, I will include the extras with the returning flies.

I have recieved flies from:
2bonthewater
wayne32pa
Harry
David

JH

Thanks for the update.
I tie a bunch of them though, so send some to David Kile, the Mods, and / or keep them as thanks for hosting the swap!

thanks again
David

Ditto with the extras you got from me. I tried to send you a PM, but I don't know if you got it.

HZ

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to seeing these patterns as for the extras feel free to keep them as thanks for hosting the swap!

wayne

There in an envelope in the mail pile for tomarrow. do what you wish with the extras.

I'm gonna be a bit late with this one. Ran out of hooks. Will get more and finish this weekend.

Back