Lessons Learned

The leader wallet is the way to go for leader problems , tie up extra , when you break one down beyond help save the but section in the leader wallet , it can be doctored up later , i only carry 3 spools for repair beyond that i save the butts and fix em up at home , i have an old tackle box for a "Leader Kit" all the tools and stuff i need for making leaders for the wallet , my wallet is an antique , it has a "wet" side for soaking gut leaders , it was my paps , so i use it anyhow , i keep the wallet in the same vest pocket as the TP and i prefer Kaopectate , it's a personal preference thing. YINZ R GREAT.

Finding your way to PAFF!

TP is a biggie

Always check your gear twice before leaving!

Always pinch down the barb, for your own safety!

Always wear your seatbelt when Maurice is driving!

Keep an extra car key in your wallet!

Neverever leave home without your orange ants(WMD)

PaulG

Never hurts to have another rod and reel in the car just in case something happens to the one your fishing or planning on fishing with.

mine will be always check your knot after you catch a fish and before you do another case. Make sure the big fish will not get hooked and take your fly away. Left you standing there and want to kill yourself.

Imodium has saved many a tree from an ugly fertilization job.

LOL - and speaking of lessons - for those who didn't have an outdoorsman advise them when they were a kid - the TREE is very important.

If you don't already know this, avoid having to learn this lesson. I'm don't wanna be graphic, but - if you gotta go, don't just squat somewhere. Put your back against a tree and feet as far front as you can. If you don't, it will be a lesson you will really wish you didn't learn !!!

Never buy a reel on Ebay

from China

for a penny...

One more thing that I've found makes for a comfortable outing in warmer weather or when spending long days in the boots. Powder for the junk, Gold Bond Menthol is a personal favorite. Just make sure you powder before it gets damp or your junk will be en fuego!

Gold Bond Yellow. Oh, yeaaah.

ryguyfi wrote:
Never buy a reel on Ebay

from China

for a penny...

when you buy a reel for a penny...you should know what is going to happen...no mater where it is from, agree?

Always carry you leg iron when in snake country.

You'll never meet anyone who learned to cast Presbyterian-style, on a metronome.

Never take apart your 4 piece rod stream side 2 walk back 2 your truck.

If your serious about catching fish. Go by yourself.

And if your asked by someone along the creek your fishing your always a "local".

When you run out of strike indicators, search the wheel well of your car...a few will always collect down there!

If you flub a cast don't yank it back out of there , you might be in for a surprise.

During the cold weather months, nothing wrecks a fishing trip like fall into the water, always take an extra set of clothes. Keep a blanket in the truck.

Lessons learned:

You can do your own thing but keep in mind what your Mother tells you.

She'd suggest you'd take dry socks, a blanket, snacks, water, and a change of clothes. You'd book a cheap room instead of fishing all day in sub-zero weather and then driving 2 hours or more home after.

Hey moderators. Check you clocks. At 5:43 this morning I had been asleep for hours. Maybe I'm sleep posting! LOL!

wetnet wrote:
Hey moderators. Check you clocks. At 5:43 this morning I had been asleep for hours. Maybe I'm sleep posting! LOL!

We have all time-traveled 7 hours into the future. Though I am posting this presently, it is actually being posted at dinner time later today. Now, what to do with all this extra time on my hands....

A change of your profile time to "GMT-12 Eniwetok, Kwajalein" will straigten you out until the site clock adjusts.

JackM, So you're saying it's still last evening?

Jack,

Can you make it Friday again at 4:30AM tomorrow? Weekends go too fast!

Now I had to set it to GMT +11 to get it right.

WTH?

Better you then me. Can't tie, bad with electronics, horrible sense of direction.

Back