Jam "stories"

hah! That's funny Dave!

Alby, thanks for the head's up. I had a hard time believing I would have missed getting his screen name. Brian enjoyed playing my 6 string banjo as well, and made that thing sound SWEET! Tell him he can pick them up on Amazon for a good price ;-)

How about another round of "Wagon Wheel"!?

dkile wrote:
More from me on a blog post. So keep the stories and photo coming.

i would truly like the picture of all of the people who's paitience i've tested over the years and me.

pretty please. with sugar.

I would have thought you rescheduled the Jam on account of nice weather. I spent the weekend looking out the window thinking, this CAN'T be the jam weekend!

Tried to call Paul but his phone just rang and rang.

"That's not a dog, that's Chooch"

Glad to meet everyone!

had a great time thursday morning on the little J with PatC. sorry we didn't catch any dude, they're in there, you'll just have to trust me.

headed over to the camp around 12 and was on the road headed for slate run by 2. had a ball up there chasing the big german browns cruising around that area. Pat made me lose a fish...then he tried to send a huge buck through the windshield of his truck to kill me! made it back in time to join the festivities and watch Gary burn up some baked geebus'.

saturday was good, spring creek was generous. the chili was great and so were the conversations. glad to meet all of you.

Dan I hope travis called you because sunday looked like it turned out to be great.

see you at the steelie jam!

'
Dan I hope travis called you because sunday looked like it turned out to be great.

He called me but everyone else bailed on the LJ so it was a no go for me as well. But we're gonna get out together soon. Thanks for the hook up guy. I had a blast BS'n with ya and I almost pissed my pants listing to You,Jack and Squach singing trout songs at 4am. That was a blast. I'm still LingMAO!! Good times for sure.

Holy crap I wish I could remember a tenth of the lyrics we were making up at 4am haha! Dude, TR and Jack were on a role with that one.

by The_Sasquatch on 2012/5/21 18:56:26 Holy crap I wish I could remember a tenth of the lyrics we were making up at 4am haha! Dude, TR and Jack were on a role with that one.

Lol.......I cant remember either but I lost it when I heard drakes on Penns in January....lol.

Yeah yeah! I remember that part haha!

Something like, "Brown trout are picky, you would be too, if some muthaeffer tried to put a hook on you"

Lol......your killing me .....I wish I would have recorded that one.

This being my first Jam, I've come to realize what fun I have missed. I was invited by Heritage to bunk in his cabin since he had an extra bed. Thank you Heritage for your generosity. I had a great time meeting lots of the others over the weekend.
After arriving on Friday and meeting with my roomies we fished a short time on Spring but not much was doing. After checking in and a good lunch we headed back to try another section of Spring and WOW what a night!! I caught four nice size browns all about 12-14" two on nymphs and two on drys.
Saturday morning I was even more thrilled to be able to eat two incredible sticky buns with my coffee that Old Lefty had brought with him. (please tell your wife thank you for me). Thanks for not only the sticky buns Lefty, but also it was a pleasure chatting with you about everything. Oh, and you might still be recovering but DAMN you can cast a mile dude!!! It was great to be able to watch you giving tips to the other guys. Oh yea, don't forget I put my order in for that book,hahahaha!!
Saturday night was great too!! Oh, the chili!! and that tenderloin, OMG!! Incredible!!! Between the food and the music, it was a great time. I do regret that I missed all of the excitement that happened at around 3am. I didnt get everyones name that I talked to but thanks to everyone that was there. I will make it a point to make the Spring Jam every year from now on!!!

+1 tenderloin....mmm...beef will never be the same

I enjoyed coming to the Jam this year. I got to catch up with old friends, and make some new ones, as well as fish some new Class A gems…and catch fish! Stand-out memories for me were the Red Crock Chili, meeting Sal, and the dubbing of Sir CSoult :-D .

The folks who live in the State College area are truly blessed to have such good fishing close-by, in streams both large and small. I hope to make it again and see you all at the 2013 Jam!

Attachments

• Slumpbuster Lovin Sucker.jpg
    Slumpbuster Lovin Sucker.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Spring Creek Sign 05-19-12.jpg
    Spring Creek Sign 05-19-12.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Spring Creek Brownie 05-19-12.jpg
    Spring Creek Brownie 05-19-12.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Spring Creek Rainbow 05-19-12.jpg
    Spring Creek Rainbow 05-19-12.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Limestone Brookie 05-20-12.jpg
    Limestone Brookie 05-20-12.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 5
Here is a link to all my jam photos... Link

And a sample of photos below:

P5170001.jpg

P5170004.jpg

P5170007.jpg

P5170008.jpg

P5180012.jpg

P5180014.jpg

P5190023.jpg

Great photos, Alby. Thanks for posting them.

Soon after coming to camp, I see Alby, Bruno and Charlie. I walk over to say hi and Charley opens his wallet and hands Bruno some money. Says.... "Here's some money for those flies". Bruno says "Why's your money wet?". I laughed before I asked how he fell in. Then heard a story of him falling in twice in the same day. That was a good start to the weekend.

i didn't get to read all these stories yet,but boy oh boy,did i have a good time!!!

jdaddy wrote:
lv2nymph wrote:
What the heck happened J?
minor outpatient surgery went sideways on me. resting comfortably at home today. Sounds like great fishing and, great times were had by all.

Get well soon.

OldLefty wrote:
Old saying, slightly altered for the individual to which it is directed:

Dave, you're a gentleman, a scholar and a very talented artist. There are very few of you in existance. Just don't let it go to your head!! ;-)

I've said it before and I'll probably be accused of saying it again (to which I'll respond "that's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!); your work is some of the finest I've seen. Keep up the good work!

i could not agree with this more.i am very proud to have one of the paintings ,it is amazing and still sometimes i can not believe t!!

however,old lefty,this quote also applies to you.

Strange thing. I did not go to the Jam this year but had 4 people call me Squaretail and introduce themselves on the stream. Only one was registered but said he never posts.
Guess all the lurkers came out to Clarks and Letort since they knew most of us were gonna be at the jam. :)
I only didnt go cause I knew Spring would be the best option up there and I just fished it hard. Caught a ton down here, but ofcourse theres a part of me that wishes I went.
Glad you guys had fun, especially the first timers.
Hopefully see "yous" and "yinz" at the Steely Jam.

Get well JDaddy.

Back