Fly fishing show Somerset

I went today. Couple good seminars. Sucky food. Found some good deals on rabbit strips and beads. Oh and TCO had Sharkskin line 50% off. Not too crowded but I've only ever gone on Fridays.

I was there today for the first time ever at the show. Learned a lot, casting a few rods, and picked up some great advice. I will be back next year for sure!

If anyone would like to met up at at 11:00am on Saturday I will be at the Allen Fly Fishing booth at that time. They are at the far end of the exhibit hall by the casting pool.

RC sorry we missed each other today.

Dave

Heritage-Angler wrote:
FrequentTyer wrote:
I'll be at the show Saturday and Sunday. I'll be tying at the Catskill guild table on Sunday morning 9:30-11:30 if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.
Mike.

If ya want to, gimme a call when you get there on Saturday.

Dog and I would be honored to hang out with you again.

I could use the help in keeping El Poocho out of trouble. :cool:

That would be great. I'm tied up with a class till 11:30, but will try and catch you and Dan after that if your still around.

FrequentTyer wrote:
I'll be at the show Saturday and Sunday. I'll be tying at the Catskill guild table on Sunday morning 9:30-11:30 if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.
Mike.

Actually, that should be 11:30-2:00 on Sunday. Hope to see some of you at the show.
Mike.

1st time at a show and had a really good day. Sat in on a seminar with Bob Clouser on Bass which I enjoyed and found interesting. Pleasantly at the size of the show and really appreciated H.A. and DeltaDog showing me around they tying exhibits and tyers. Wasn't there for any equiptment except for tying tying materials which I picked up. Nice meeting up with all the new gents i met today and we had a few cool celebrity sightings!

Surprised you didn't get Tom Rosenbauer to autograph your hat. :lol:

It was pretty cool that he spent some one on one time with you.

He's a really nice guy.

Is there any way for those of us that don't have the bookface to see the pictures?

Mike sorry I missed you, we got there well after you were gone from the table. Dave, it was nice to have a chance to bs with you for a bit. Hit some snow on the way there and a bit more on the way home. But nothing like DD reported. Always a pleasure to see and talk to Dan and Ed. As always there was lot's of things to root through, and tyers to watch. Just wish it wasn't four hours away. I had the honor of starting a new tradition of event attendees this weekend it was cool to see the look of wonder on Brians face when he saw the show. Had a good time.

Had a real good time, picked up some great materials for pretty cheap and got to hang out with some great people. I also got to met Roger Plourde which was on my bucket list.

Me and Heritage Angler watching Stagger_Lee interact with Tom Rosenbauer was one of the best things I have seen in a while.

Good to run into so many guys from the site. BrookieChaser I will roll a bunch of pictures onto the site this week.

A fair amount of snow heading home yesterday afternoon. It cleared up by the time I got to Snitz Creek Brewery. Better sights and beer there than the show. I had a paddle sampler with a Woolly Bugger IPA. Working on a blog post for that too.

Attachments

• _CDK3577.jpg
    _CDK3577.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 3
  • _CDK3720.jpg
    _CDK3720.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks dkile, I appreciate the posting of the pictures.

That looks like good marketing on the part of the Snitz Creek crew.

I went to the show today (Sunday) and had a blast. Way too much to see in a couple hours. Spoke to lots of people.

Highlight was get to meet Dave Whitlock and his wife Emily. I first purchased one of Dave's books back in the '70s. I have attached a photo of him illustrating/signing a book for me. His individual flies for sale were works of perfection.

Another photo I have posted is of a beautiful watercolor by Mark Susinno.

I also had the opportunity to meet and speak to Mike Heck and Mike Schmidt (Dave has a photo of them on Facebook).

You should takes LOTS of money to these shows!

Attachments

• Dave_Whitlock_R.jpg
    Dave_Whitlock_R.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Mar_Susinno_R.jpg
    Mar_Susinno_R.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 5
Mr. Whitlock and wife are good people - met them two years back at the show.
I was there Sunday - tested out a few fly rods - Bought some flies for me, got my girlfriend some earrings (Silver Fly Reels) and a few other items for me. Learned how to use one of my fly tying devices - the Whip finisher. Wish that some of the venders carried some industrial bars or belly rings. I would have gotten something for my daughter.

I kept to my budget of $100.00.

I was there yesterday, hitched a ride with lestrout. Always a pleasure Les. Learned as much from him as anything else.

Spent way too much money and attended a few seminars. Good stuff.

I had a great time at the show. Unfortunately I didn't charge my phone, so no photos from the show. Gotta ALOT of tying supplies. A few good deals, but I didn't look real hard. I had an agenda and shopping list.

I was again amazed by the tying of Steve Farrar. I think he makes some of the best saltwater patterns around.

Nice photos Dave.

Back