Coronavirus and PA Fly fishing

rrt wrote:
To me, this seems like everyone is overreacting.
That's what Trump kept saying from the beginning (Jan 7th), and we're paying the price now. Look how far behind we are in testing...

I have my license, so all there is to do is fish, and fish some more. Be safe out there, and wash those hands!!!

Yeah - I'm gonna get out now while I still can.
I suspect we'll be on lockdown soon - just like they've done in europe.

It's the flu, get over it! Just stop watching the media feed the frenzy. This too will pass.

The virus spreads because PEOPLE spread it, it didn't float through the air from Wuhan.

But what the heck, don't worry about it, keep doing what ever you want, go to Europe, or maybe China and pick you nose while you're there...

We got to the place we're at BECAUSE of people who did what they wanted to, traveled where they wanted to and resisted anybody telling them differently.

THAT'S why they shut stuff down, because the a-holes who think they are invincible won't comply.

If it was just a flu then why doesn't the country basically shut down every flu season? This is different.

joebamboo wrote:
It's the flu, get over it! Just stop watching the media feed the frenzy. This too will pass.

People are STILL saying this?

:-o

Google "Italy coronavirus"

Joebamboo, with all due respect

As someone who is a insulin dependent diabetic with kidney disease married to a woman with severe asthma, we would rather not see if our immune systems are up to the task. Maybe you don't have anyone close to you, but I do.

I still have many years of fishing left and I would like to keep it that way.

It's not the end of the world. If you have concerns and/or health issues, do what you need to do to take care of yourselves. It's called personal responsibility. GOZU my personal health issues are just that, mine and personal and I keep it that way.

Now, can we get back to the topic of this site, FISHING?

Well, the topic of this thread is about "Coronavirus" so.....

Stay golden ponyboy.

If someone wants to be an ostrich and bury their head in the sand, so be it. Maurice identified it correctly, those are the people that put everyone else at a greater risk.

Here is an article that might help. But then again, probably not.

Sometimes events occur that are bigger than fishing, even if this is predominantly a fishing site.

Perhaps this can be better debated/discussed on the Off the Water thread.

Joe, selfishness is a very ugly character defect.

Pray tell, how have you determined that my opinion is "selfish"? Has this now become name calling and belittling?

The dialogue stops when the name calling starts!

joebamboo wrote:
GOZU my personal health issues are just that, mine and personal and I keep it that way.

Until they become our health problems.

joebamboo wrote:
It's the flu, get over it!

Well, this was a pretty good indicator. No one is calling you names.

joe i urge you to look around. this is extremely serious to you and the ones you love. its not funny anymore.

Think about the events of the last few days:

1. Close the schools

2. Fly Americans abroad home

3. Close the colleges - kids go home

4 . Give the people to a few days stock up on supplies

5. Give companies time to set up Work from home options

This was prepping weekend then close the whole damn thing down for 2 or 3 weeks. Make sure you have cash bc the banks will also close.

Go fishing in the next day or two if you are able bc it is coming folks.

Funniest thing I saw was in target tonight. Was in looking for something and noticed all of the sex toys were sold out with the exception of one lonely vibrator.

I am not a worrier or a prepper by any means but the writing is on the wall.

I guess my post 22 was sort of ostrich-like. I deserved Red's post 23. It really is pretty scary what it might do.

To All: Stay well.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
During WW2:
I remember blackouts here when I was a kid. Rationing of food and gasoline . Social gatherings were church and the occasional picnic. People pretty much isolated at home.
This is the worst scenario I've seen since WW2. Take it seriously. Find something to laugh about daily as laughter is the best medicine.
Thanks Bruno, sex toys in Target . I guess they aim to please. GG

Back