Annual Spring Jamboree - May 18-20, 2012 - Seven Mountains Campground

will it be suspicious if i fix the raffle again?

Just reserved my cabin! Can't wait it will be my 2nd jam, had a blast last year.

Hopefully we can avoid the rain. I have a good feeling about 2012!

Two years ago, the rain made for the best fishing I had in years, and the only time I ever fished a heavy green Drake hatch in solitude.

Nymph-o-maniac- I'm fairly certain that it's 25 then like 2 bux for every other person you have staying at the site.

shakey wrote:
will it be suspicious if i fix the raffle again?

Shakey, if you will play again, I will fix the raffle for you.

jayL wrote:
Two years ago, the rain made for the best fishing I had in years, and the only time I ever fished a heavy green Drake hatch in solitude.

Two years ago I had the most frustrating spinnerfall I will probably ever encounter. It went something like this.

Spinners congregating at tree tops

Spinners coming down to drop eggs

RAIN!!!

Rain stops

RAIN!!!

Rain stops

RAIN!!!

Rain stops

Darkness.

Defeat.

/fishing

Do you guys need me to see if I can bring a small PA system for entertainment and such?

We have needed a PA system for years. I think we had one last year, but I can't recall. If you bring it we will use it.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Do you guys need me to see if I can bring a small PA system for entertainment and such?

I do not think we need help in being louder.

I will bring it. How many mics? PM me or whatever w/ all that junk. I can swing whatever.

Ryan, we all experienced that night, I remember it well. Was the same for all of us.

I agree with Bruno, at least as far as the music and entertainment goes. We don't need help in being louder. Last year was about perfect.

But for guest speakers, the situation is different. I remember especially with Dave Wolf, it was difficult to hear him. Too big a crowd, outdoors in a pavilion under HEAVY rain. A mic on hand would definitely be helpful for that.

Ryan,

Yep. The "/fishing" part is critical, because everyone else did the same thing after the big storm hit. Once it cleared, Penns was barely fishable, and every angler for 30 miles went home. It was epic, incredible fishing.

My concern with the mic idea is that somewhere between a few and a lot of us aren't there for the speakers. I am there for the social aspect, and honestly, getting sneers from people that are trying to listen to the speaker sucks for all parties involved. The microphone kind of automatically signs everyone up for the speaking event. I'd rather go with the traditional more intimate gatherings for that.

Well, for socializing, step outside of the pavilion (that is, assuming it isn't pouring rain).

:)

The PA Syatem, if needed could be used, and if not, can be abandoned. And I ageree-- no one is required to listen to the speakers, but as Pat says, if the circumstances warrant it, those not interested should step away from the area where the talk are going on.

I will have to see what my shift will be then.
starting a new job.
But it sure sounds like a good time.
any time you can fish with good people is a good time
Jay

jdaddy wrote:
Just spoke to them. Really happy to have us.

Zen you can bring your camper or you can stay with us. Chopping cabins will be cheaper.

Thanks jdaddy,
I made my reservation for a camper site. I may be bringing a friend.

I'll see everyone there. In a cabin with some others. Hoping to bring a few new ppl as well.

Back