Advice for Penns Creek tomorrow

It's a dirt parking with plenty of space why would you park on the grass? I don't even park in the lot just to not have any chance of any problems at all. I talked with alot of people fishing Im not saying all of you are causing the problems but you know the old saying 1 or 50 ruin it for everyone.

I never had a problem with the guy... I am fully aware of the parking situation and think that there is a simple solution to his gripes. Boulders will do the trick.

No problems now the circus is pulling out of town It will be back to normal now. Im curious to how many of you walked right passed the posted sign on the walk path over the walk bridge.

Well, if the guy owns the land, you have no rights to fish there even if it's an epic hatch. Chalk up more strem access lost. The parking lot in the lower section was full at 5pm. When I came out there were cars all along the shoulder and there isn't a shoulder on that road. If the lot is full....go to a different section. If that's also full, go to a different stream. It's an overrated fishing experience anyhow. When the drakes are on...cars from CT, NJ, MD, VA, OH and NY. If you're driving that far to see a bunch of big maylies and combat fish, probably should find another use for your time. If you caught 20 fish 20" during the hatch, I could understand.....but you don't. Don't worry about me running away to join that circus for another 10 years. By theniI'll forget the mess and get talked into going again.

Kray that was the best post maybe ever on this forum. I agree 100% with it is for sure is overrated everything is coming off at one time. I guess from what the people say on this beacuse you have no commen sense every land owner has to mark out the boundry on where to park because god forbid if we have to walk any distance at all beacuse it's full where we want to park lol you know how retarded that sounds because were coming from 3 hours away to fishing the epic hatch we can park and do whatever we want. It's something to see but frick Id find something else to do then to drive to fish it not worth it at all fish wooven stones lol.

The locals can drive 3 hours to a myriad of other nice creeks in PA and thereby avoid the "circus," but they don't. Why not?

No spring ck, fishing ck and spruce ck are closer then that Jack lol

Any of those would alleviate the parking problem at Penns too.

Hook_Jaw wrote:
the drakes done goodbye to all of you out of towners well see you later lol. Im sure everyone in our whole area will be glad to see everyone leave

Your logic is flawed. There is a lot of money made off of this. I do understand the frustration though.

You never leave your town to fish? I find that hard to believe.

Jack, Come on. I'm pretty sure you haven't surveyed all of the locals. Have you ever had to fight Jonas for a fishing spot during the drakes? I'd guess "no".

There are too many other hatches to justify the chaos....at least for me and it sounds like there are a few others that agree. It's just like early season when someone yells "grannoms" or "hendricksons". It goes from enjoyment to cluster F in a hurry. Yes, I hate people. LMAO. Not really but the crowds seem bigger now compared to 15 yrs ago. I'm not just talking about Penns either. Factor in the disproportionate number of d-bags I've run into and it's just not fun. One of the main reasons for me going to big water and using my pontoon is the "get the F away from me factor". But that to is turning into a circus and may need to find a new destination. I enjoy fishing with a couple of friends....just not an entire bus load of them jammed into one pool.

Any time you have occasion to complain about the crowds, you are part of the problem, else you'd have no complaint. What justifies you or anyone else to complain? Because you live close? In my opinion, that gives you less justification.

Popular waters at the time of popular hatches get attention from anglers. Big surprise!

I say: get over it.

Jack, perhaps the best post ever on this forum.

You can be not in the area of anyone here comes johnny butt nut on the other side sees you oh crap he must be catching em plop right on the other side had that happen 4 times the other night stayed behind the hatch to get away from guys and it still happens.
Kray good points you would think on Penns you could get away from guys but as soon as they see you it's like they want to be up your crack. I hate people pretty much too BUT I go on my own will knowing this crap is gonna happen so it's my fault.
Jacks right gotta deal with it and really it is worse being a local because I set myself up knowing it's gonna happen. I should go up and fish with the beav hell how could anyone not love fishing with him and Jimmy Carter. lol but in all honesty I'll be on the water with no one around soon so all is good with being a local complainer.

I try not to be part of the problem by limiting myself to just a few days on the water every year. I'll fish sections that others don't want to or go to crap water that holds less fish just to get some solitude. I pay for my license, exercise etiquette, help kids and new anglers without being asked. I'm entitled to bitch once in a while aren't I?

Hook,

You should just buy a nice chunk of land with a good trout stream on it and post it. That way you would have your own oasis. No complaining then, right? If I was as sour as you are about having people come to chase a hatch in "your home waters", I would.

You should be as lucky that it is mostly PA people coming. I have a crap load of New Jersians and New Yawkers attacking my streams. O, and I have to deal with the parade of rafters who speak no engles.

Would rather deal with fishermen then 500 rafts filled to the brim with people splashing, yelling, dropping garbage, and running me over and explaining that they have no idea how to work this "thing".

Hey it is everybody's water though, I deal with it because it comes with the territory of where I live. Just wish one of the rafts would offer me a beer once and awhile or a boat of bikini's would float by. Not girls of Walmart bikini girls either. Target would be nice.

What the landowners in the area should do is capitalize on the opportunity when droves of out-of-towners show up for 2 weeks. They should set up temporary parking lots and charge $20 per day to park, or set up a hot dog stand, or set up a table to sell Green Drake flies, whatever.

I was also part of the mayhem, but I was respectful to all people and most fish. I did throw the one chub I caught high into the air in disgust.

Just to be clear, I know a couple bad apples spoil the whole dern bunch, but they're as likley to be locals as "out-of-towners," at least in my limited experience.

SBecker had the rafting thing last sunday lol Id never buy land along any stream I know it's the way is that's just how it's gonna be. Have the nj ny people time to time don't pay any attention them but they do ask me questions seeing my bumper sticker says Im local.

I tend to agree w/ Kray, which is why I do the opposite as him-head for tiny waters in the middle of the gold dern forrest where the only other person out there is sasquatch and maybe a stray hobo.

I like big hatches, but catching them once every 5 or 6 years is enough for me. I don't like them enough to put up w/ the swarms of people.

Plus, to be honest with you, a massive hex hatch and rising smallies on my local WW stream is just as awesome to me as a green drake hatch on Penn's. At least I'll be cacthin' fish.

Jack I think that's any case on any stream but you will never see me causing problems on any stream. I go out of my way to go around people and give people all the room they want to fish I rarley go where I can see anyone unless someone comes into where Im fishing. The crowds suck for the drake but I was more talking about respect for peoples land and using common sense then crowding and stream etiquette on the stream.

Back