2016 Fish Harvest

None

Last fish harvested of any species.... aprox 1988

17 stocked trout, 1 largemouth, 2 crappie, 1 yellow perch, 20 bluefish.
It was a low year for harvest since I did not striper fish or ice fish as much as usual.

I kept 3 stocked trout on the first day.

^Same. Kept 3 on opening day. I was with some friends and we kept 9 altogether. I usually like to smoke them, but this recipe was very good:

http://www.marthastewart.com/355492/panfried-trout-lemon

Zero fish in the streams. Kept three "popped" walleye on Erie I caught as bycatch while C&R Lake Trout fishing.

A couple dozen walleye from inland lakes and flowing water. Half a dozen smaller pike (under 26"). I like to bake or grill them. A couple bushels of mixed bluegills, crappie and perch.

No trout. The way I trout fish, they'd just be an annoyance to deal with and I don't think trout are that good of an eating fish, regardless of their origin

Zilch freshwater for 65 years---saltwater,well fish are good for you.
oops,my bad---did keep a couple browns back in 70s when inflation was killing us because of wage freeze-not tasty..

I kept a few out of the run, but caught them with live cheetos not fly rod :lol:

Haven't harvested a fish since 1974.

I kept no fresh water fish last year of for the last eight years. I did keep 3 sea trout last year.

I don't like trout or bass.

I'll eat walleye and crappie but haven't fished for them since living in the south.

Kept no fish of any species in 2016.

I kept 2 or 3 stocked trout this past year. I'm not a big fish eater; I normally keep a few and give them to a friend. That number may go up this year, since I want to give smoking a try.

Zero. I don't like the taste of trout, and don't plan on trying smallmouth anytime soon. If I lived near a beach, it'd be a different story.

I kept 4-5 stocked browns in 16.

Smallmouth out of lake Erie taste great. Haven't kept any in a while but usually have a few meals a year from other guys who keep them.

I kept one smallmouth, but only because he inhaled my popper - and in trying to get it out I did more damage than good. he was tasty though...

I kept my limit of six on the first day of trout season because my wife likes to eat a trout now and then. All stockers and all caught on bait. That's the only day I use bait. I'd never keep a wild trout unless it was mortally hooked.

Just joking about the six; it was really five.

I kept a handful of stocked trout, maybe a dozen panfish (perch and crappie) and 2 walleye.

Back