2016 Fish Harvest

Swattie87

Swattie87

Not looking for a C&R debate thread, just facts. How many fish did you harvest last year?

I took one Brookie on a backpacking trip in June for the fire.

Probably about a dozen Blues at the beach over the course of the Summer for bait.

Zero

I love to eat fish but don't harvest many while sport fishing. It seems like every year I resolve to get more fish for the table, but invariably wind up back at the seafood counter at the grocery store. :roll:

Anyway, in PA fishing I'd estimate that I kept several stocked trout last year. That's it if I recollect correctly.

Most years, I keep a few panfish (and maybe a walleye in a rare year), but don't believe I did last year.

At the ocean last year I kept several porgies, snappers, and a yellow jack while in the Keys for a couple days.

I kept a few hatchery trout around the first week of June in a stream that gets very warm in the summer.

I don't keep wild trout.

Zero for eating, but a half dozen sunfish became catfish bait one day when fishing with my friend.

Exactly 1 stocked rainbow.

Zero. I will usually keep a few bass and maybe a few walleye if I happen into them fishing the Allegheny up at camp. This year I stayed around home and focused on trout, I really don't care for the taste of trout so they all went back.

Zero, but only because I did not catch a harvest-able fluke or striped bass this year.

None for me personally, but plenty of flounder, 'tog and whatnot from my dad. He's a saltwater guy with a place down at OCMD, so he keeps my freezer just full enough. Also some fresh tuna from the boss at work..

I kept 4 stocked bows from the put and take water on the North Branch of the Potomac.... 2 on two separate camping trips for tin foil on the campfire.

Now I feel like a murderous meet hunter compared to you other guys... But they were delicious :)

Zero. This would have been a good poll. I will post one on the side bar.

i walk too much. the thought of hauling them around makes them less appetizing,

We camped out in ANF opening day weekend. I kept one stocky for dinner.

The few other times I camped out, I didnt catch anything large enough to warrant keeping for dinner. Gemmies fries dont appeal to me.

I would have kept a few more fish though if they were legal size.

Friend and I did our annual wild trout feast trip. Camped out on an unknown little headwater Brook Trout stream. Went minimal with sleeping bags, Tenkara setups and fry pan and salt pork. And as usual we kept two limits for two days and ate them.Small and tasty. Love that pink flesh!

I kept 5 stocked brookies from the opening day outing on my boat with my nephew (12) and niece (10). Lightly brined and smoked made for excellent fare.

Back