2012 Quill Gordon Summit on the horizon!!! April 20-22nd

What is early Brad? Earlier than the summit?

Yeah, earlier then the summit. Does this mean they will not be around a mouth from now? I don't know. But I think they will start early this year. It has been in the high 70's for several days now. It will not drop back to normal for a couple more days. But next week we are to be back in the 40's.

Ive been thinking that they will be early. My bulbs are all in full bloom, dog wood and magnolia too. The river temp hit 50* already. Not sure how that translates to Potter but everything has been about 2 weeks early. If it cools off for a week or 2 maybe we'll get lucky.

Looks like things are about to cool off for several days. Hope it subdues things a bit.

Looks like you'll probably end up calling this the march brown, gray fox, or sulpher summit.
Crazy year for sure!

If we have those three I will not complain.

I may be willing to swap some of these Quill Gordons that I have for perhaps, say some Sulphers. Or beer, you can never miss the beer hatch imo!

Dave,
You in for this?

Cody, I have every intention to show up. Hence all the f'in Quill Gordons... If we get some hellacious downpours, well I could back out then. But I'm hopping to see everyone there.

Was just talking to Sal about this, as he'll try to join us up on Saturday! We're pumped!

Brad,
Hendrickson, blue quill, and QD's are done here. Apple caddis are heavy right now, fish are taking pupas on bottom though at times small fish will rise, got a 18"+ chub (largest I ever caught) and a 3lb. rainbow today along with a few smaller ones. Sorry forgot camera..Will be back tuesday if ya want to go out..

There is a forest fire on first fork.

typical for this time of year. march browns and gray fox are locating near the shorline prior to hatching, seen a few with darker wing buds..

bummer, probably not going to make it. invite to house on penns that weekend and I NEVER turn that down.

You suck!

Saw QG in Sullivan last night.

Was up at Slate Run for the weekend and witnessed the biggest Hendrickson/Quill Gordon/March Brown and at least 3 different caddis hatch I've ever seen. It was nuts. March Browns are like 3 weeks early, I think they just started to show up down on that section of Piney. Bob can let you know otherwise.

Oh Bob, my friend and I might stop in Friday or Sat this coming weekend if you're gonna be around!

Back