2011 PAFF Swap

Huntin Fool, Boss Steb and Frequent Tyer, your flies are here!

I will finish mine this weekend and out on Tuesday.

Nothing fancy about mine but they will catch fish on the grannom hatch...

should have my flies in the mail by early next week will post when they are sent

mine will be sent out later next week. been busy here and i havent had much time to tie. i will be doing some sort of mayfly emerger.

How many moderators are there? I should be able to get some done for them as well.

gentleshepherd wrote:
How many moderators are there? I should be able to get some done for them as well.

I think there are 5. The last swap I was in said to tie 5 for the mods.

flies will be in the mail tomorrow

Just got back from the post office - flies are in the mail - plus a few extra.

The "Evan Williams"
Hook Size 16 Nymph
Body - herl
Tail - red grizzly
Thread - Rust Color
Hackle - Yellow Partridge

my flies are in the mail. took them to the post office today. I tied two sets of flies my Freds hair and ears nymph and a turkey tail nymph.

my flies are in the hands of the United States Postal Service. I tied up a coyote hendrickson emerger.

hook -- size 12 dry
tail -- mallard fibers
dubbing -- tan coyote dubbing
hackle -- hen hackle
wing -- cdc

Bruno, flytyingfred and gentlesheperd flies have been recieved.

JH

redrock, flies received

I know I'm late! They're tied, I'm just dragging my feet. They'll be mailed Monday.

I'll get my flies in the mail today - sorry for the delay everybody.

Here's the recipe and some notes

Casual Dress:
Hook: Streamer hook, 4-10 (I used size 8)
Thread: Black
Tail: Short thick bunch of muskrat with guard hairs left in.
Body: Muskrat tied noodle style using dubbing loop. I removed guard hairs in body.
Collar: Muskrat with guard hairs
Head: Black ostrich herl

The Casual Dress is a Polly Rosborough pattern. Polly developed the pattern to “simulate nothing more than just food.” It's a bit of a monstrous looking pattern, I think it looks kind of like a small sculpin, or maybe a stonefly, dragonfly nymph or even a green drake nymph. But I guess it really doesn't matter what it imitates, as long as the fish think it looks like something to eat.

It's not a very easy pattern to tie at first – it definitely takes a little practice (I could probably use a little more! These flies a surely not one of my prettiest ties). The muskrat for the collar can be a little difficult to work with – you have to bear down on it pretty good to trap it and keep it from slipping out. I also found it very easy to tie the body too long and then not have enough room left for the collar and head, so be careful of that if you tie it. Also, the ostrich herl wanted to slide down the hook toward the eye, so I left a “tag” of thread just behind the ostrich before tying it in, and then wound this through the herl to hold it in place and reinforce it a bit.

ez, flies received.

are we waiting on anyone else

Mine have been sent and should be there by now.

Back