2017 PAFF Jam: Seven Mountains Campground, 19-21 May

Dave_W

Dave_W

Staff member
The annual PAFF Jam will be the weekend of May 19th-21st at camground where we have had it for the last few years. This year will be a bit less formal with no speakers planned for Friday or Saturday night.

Hope to see you there.

There will be speakers, but they will not demand every one's attention at the same time, nor for very long if they aren't that interesting. This said, musicians, comedians, and other entertainers should come prepared to be handed the mic.

Any mic dropping that damages the mic may carry a moral surcharge.

Thanks for the advance notice. I'm planning to be there Wednesday until Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

This will be my first trip. I only know ryguyfi and squaretail on this board, and am looking forward to meeting other members. I will also be at the breakfast meet and great prior to the Lancaster fly fishing show.

Wednesday to Sunday for me as well. Jeff I'm up for a Penn's trip on opening night if you are!

I'll put a blog post up shortly with details for those interested to learn more.

In the meantime, please contact Sevens Mountain Campground directly if you would like to stay there that weekend. They have a limited number of cabins and campsites. I encourage you to make your reservations now.

Sevens Mountain Campground
101 Seven Mountains
Campground Rd.
Spring Mills, PA 16875
(814) 364-1910
(888) 468-2556
Call between 8:30-4:30 M-F

pcray1231 wrote:
Wednesday to Sunday for me as well. Jeff I'm up for a Penn's trip on opening night if you are!

Sure thing Pat. You and me Wednesday night :-D

Thanks for the headsup. Renting a cabin as usual.

I've never been to this place. I am sure that there are tent spaces available. I want to show off how tough my Cabela's Alaskan Guide Four Man Tent actually is. I think that I bought this tent in 1999.

It is really heavy, but I did up grade from fiberglass to aluminum poles.

The best thing about having a 17' 4" Old Town Tripper canoe is that you can really load it up with luxury camping equipment.

Canoe, the tent area isn't so big. But being that we all know each other it's never been an issue getting everyone in.

Just note, if it rains, it gets REAL wet down there. A gully washer will literally have flowing water pushing against the side of the tent!

The few times I have tent camped, I rented a trailer pad and it was worth it.

Can't wait for some jbcue. GG
PC lol

Im In too!! Cant wait since i missed last years shindig!!!

pcray1231 wrote:
Canoe, the tent area isn't so big. But being that we all know each other it's never been an issue getting everyone in.

Just note, if it rains, it gets REAL wet down there. A gully washer will literally have flowing water pushing against the side of the tent!

It never rains that weekend!!

Booked the usual tent site on the banks of the Seven Mountains Run watershed. Thursday late afternoon arrival, should be in time to pitch a tent and hit a hatch though. Sunday morning departure.

Looking forward to seeing all you yakkers and spincasters again.

I may try to come up this year for a Thursday night into Saturday evening. I will miss the big shindig on Saturday evening, as I have to "work" on Sunday morning.

My pops and I will be back up this year. He is hooked since he caught his first trout last year at the jam (with much help from pcray).

Gonna try to make it, missed the past couple years.

After missing the last two years, I also plan on making it this year too.

Back