2011 PAFF Eastern PA Trico Mini Jam Saturday 7/9/11

Heritage-Angler

Heritage-Angler

To all PAFF members, family, and friends:

It's time to announce the 2011 Trico Mini Jam on the Little Lehigh River in Allentown, Lehigh County.

It will be held Saturday, July 9th and will be centered at the new Heritage Fly Shop (at the site of the former Little Lehigh Fly Shop).

Gathering time is 7AM - yeah, I know that's early, but the hatch doesn't allow us to sleep in.

We'll fish until noon, or so, and then head over to Cali Burrito for lunch.

Newcomers to fishing the trico hatch will be paired up with experienced fishermen - should be a good learning experience. Remember to bring your wading gear, as wading is now permitted on this stretch of water.

Refreshments will be available at the fly shop for a reasonable price - one dollar per bottle. Remember, the Allentown parks system doesn't allow alcoholic beverages, so plan accordingly.

Please post below if you plan on attending.

Click here for directions. There's parking available at the fly shop, and overflow parking will be in the lot opposite the hatchery on Fish Hatchery Road.

Looking forward to seeing old friends, and meeting new faces from the board!

H.A.

potentially in. yes, its in my footprint, but man, that's early and i'm a slackadaisical kind of guy.

I always find it funny when anglers think 7AM is early. As my late uncle, a Phoebe fishing machine, used to say "I'll have caught my limit more than twice over and be at the diner eating my pancakes before most guys even get to the stream." I'm more or less the same way, I love being on the water very early. something special about slipping in the water and being there to greet the sunrise. Sorry, for hijacking the thread. I'm doubtful not much of a LL fan and I don't care to fish the trico hatch much anymore, but I am a little curious so we'll see.

I don't think I'll make it this year due to working a few extra weekends. Last year was a good time and if you're on the fence, try to make it.

That would have me waking up at 5am or earlier, which is a loooong shot. I wouldn't complain if I didn't have an hour drive to get there.

Anyway, I am tentatively planning a trip elsewhere that weekend, but if it falls through, I'll do my part to get there in time to fish a little and have some lunch.

jayL wrote:
That would have me waking up at 5am or earlier, which is a loooong shot. I wouldn't complain if I didn't have an hour drive to get there.

Anyway, I am tentatively planning a trip elsewhere that weekend, but if it falls through, I'll do my part to get there in time to fish a little and have some lunch.

At 5AM, some of us have been in our treestands for an hour. (jk)

At 5am, some of us are just getting to bed;-). If I'm feeling awake after work on Fri., I might make the drive and crash in the car for an hour or two. Like jay though, it's a long shot. Been a few years since I fished tricos.

peace-tony c.

Be there

I am going to try to make it there again this year but I think I will drive a more dependable car this year. I will also need to be on the road about 5:00am in order to make it there by 7:eek:o am. I will coferm later but for now count me in.

Hey pap-paw. Good to see yer still around, I thought you left the board. I'm trying to get out of it, but so far I'm locked at work. Will let me not come in, but have to find someone to come in for me.
This was a decent get together and I caught alot more trout than I thought I would on those teeny things.

in

RyanR wrote:
jayL wrote:

At 5AM, some of us have been in our treestands for an hour. (jk)

Oh I know. I admire you for it, but...

I have and always will outright reject the early risers' superiority complex. I choose to go to bed late and sleep til 8, seven days a week. I simply like it better that way, and I do my best thinking, working, and even fishing in the late evening through 2am or so. My career choice helps with that, and I obviously have learned to prefer evening hatches. :)

Hi Squaretail
I did not leave the board. I just returned home after being in Potter county since March 28TH. I had no computer access and I sure missed not being on here. Was able to do a lot of trout fishing but not as much as last year. We had a lot of high water and blown out streams. Hope to see you at the trico jam.

Old Lefty and myself have discussed this and we have decided to attend. We should leave here around 4:30am and arrive around 7 am. I am really looking forward to meeting and fishing with fellow PAFF members. See you there.

I am in unless work gets in the way.

Thanks

Rick

HA:
I am planning on attending. Will you have some blind fish for me to catch?

Chief

Eh, at the Trico Jam? You can expect the rain we get the prior night to blow the stream to straight chocolate milk, yeah, they'll be blind alright! :)

We Won't be racing that weekend so I'll try to make this one.

Heritage Angler,

Thank you for putting this together. Should be a fun time!

Dave

Back