2011 PAFF Eastern PA Trico Mini Jam Saturday 7/9/11

Waking up at 4am to make it to tully by 6, just does not sound do able for me. Good luck to the guys that decide to take Jeff up on his offer though!

Ok so is there anyone that is meeting tomorrow?? If so, where? Heritage, do you know if anyone is showing? It would be easier for me to just go to Pohop and meet at the end of the road near the spillway.

mooney4 wrote:
Ok so is there anyone that is meeting tomorrow?? If so, where? Heritage, do you know if anyone is showing? It would be easier for me to just go to Pohop and meet at the end of the road near the spillway.

In discussions elsewhere on the forum, we decided to take everyone to a stream that has a good trico hatch going on right now - and it isn't the Pohopoco. ;-)

I'll PM you my cell # - If you want to meet us, I'll direct you in.

H.A.

Mooney we will not be fishing the po in the morning. Pm on the way.

LRSABecker wrote:
Waking up at 4am to make it to tully by 6, just does not sound do able for me. Good luck to the guys that decide to take Jeff up on his offer though!

Fish off!

Waking up at 5:45 to be on Tully by 6:00 sounds great to me.

LRSABecker wrote:
Mooney we will not be fishing the po in the morning. Pm on the way.

Smell the smoke boys? Becker spot burn classic.

jdaddy wrote:
LRSABecker wrote:

Fish off!

Wake up at 6:50, to be on unnamed stream by 7 even better!

If I would not tell you ( who I consider my friend) about the stream we would be fishing tomorrow. Do you think I told Mooney?

LRSABecker wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
LRSABecker wrote:

Fish off!

Wake up at 6:50, to be on unnamed stream by 7 even better!

If I would not tell you ( who I consider my friend) about the stream we would be fishing tomorrow. Do you think I told Mooney?

You just sent me the map. That's all. But it's all good.

Your welcome, only cuz your my buddie. Just realize, there is 10 streams in that time frame where I live

Wow today was a great time. meet some nice folks and had a good time.
Thanks
Jay

The 2011 PAFF Eastern PA Trico Mini Jam is in the books. Despite the original stream location being unfishable this morning for the trico hatch, we did the best we could do.

Our excursion up North was a success, but would have been much better had we been on the water in time for the spinnerfall. We did get to fish a beautiful stream, and there were some nice fish caught (and missed). Stream temps were already at 67.5 degrees when we started, and when they got to 68.5 degrees, we called it a day. We got a couple of fish on trico spinners, but most were taken on terrestrials. Go figure! We had a terrific lunch at the Riverwalk Saloon, and went our seperate ways.

Other Jam attendees headed to the Tulpehocken Creek in Berks County, at the generous invitation of jdaddy. Hopefully, jdaddy will add to the report of this event.

Thanks to all who attended - you guys were great company!

H.A.

Attachments

• 7-9-11 Trico Jam.jpg
    7-9-11 Trico Jam.jpg
    956.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Trico Jam 2.jpg
    Trico Jam 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Dang that guy in the middle of the first picture is damn good looking. I think he could have picked up 1 or 2 of the RiverWalcks waitresses. ;-)

LRSABecker wrote:
Dang that guy in the middle of the first picture is damn good looking. I think he could have picked up 1 or 2 of the RiverWalcks waitresses. ;-)

Isn't that international celebutante Chastity "Chaz" Bono?!

Only a few of us made the Tully. Me, rickinpa and zenharper, all guys I have tied and fished with. We meet at waterworks at 6:00. Risers started around 6:30 and got serious around 7:00. The surface was covered in female then male tricos. Threw 22,24,26 males and females. No fish brought to hand.

8:30 we meet up with about 30 folks at Tully house for a really awesome breakfast. Big props to Redsun and Sholgate for stepping up and doing the planning and cooking. Great job, lots of calories.

Rickinpa, redsun and I fished behind Tully house. Nate was on fire with sunfish, I was on bass (duh) and rick whacked a few bows.

Up stream I ran into a bunch of top feeding carp but couldn't get them to eat a stimulator. All the way up the Gring rec area and I found active and larger smallmouth. Funtimes.

Maybe we could coordinate another trico event with the Tully breakfast. My company is sponsoring next months breakfast, so I'd like to invite everyone.

So, with the first one ending with less than awesome results, anyone willing to try for a mk2 version for this year?

I'm only willing to get up for tricos once a year, I think, so peer pressure is required.

Jdaddy, you want to coordinate it with breakfast? When's the next date for that? Without stealing it from HA, as it's his summer event for PAFF, I think it might be interesting. If nothing else, it won't get blown out by rain the night before.

Do Tully tricos get going later in the day as the summer wears on? In event of failure of trout to appear, can we midway re-christen the event as the second Warm Water Insurgents meet and just fish for the bass, instead? Do the bass eat tricos? Will there be cash and prizes?

jdaddy wrote:
Maybe we could coordinate another trico event with the Tully breakfast. My company is sponsoring next months breakfast, so I'd like to invite everyone.

This is exactly what I was hoping for. We should talk about this in detail. I'd be very interested in holding Trico Jam II, and whether you arrange it, I arrange it, or we both work together, this sounds great to me. I'm interested in helping, however this turns out.

Gimme a call.....

H.A.

Great day Saturday morning, HA.

Thank you

Shane,

Bass do eat tricos, but usually the smaller ones. I caught a few on Saturday on tricos, along with a rock bass and a sunny. Also took a nice smallie on a caddis pupa in some riffles. A small sunny on 7x is pretty fun, they fight alot harder than a trout the same size. You can also try to hook up with the monster carp that prowl around. Never seen them take tricos, but a well placed bugger might entice one. One of these days im going poor mans bone fishing.

Andy

SHANE?!

You're off the xmas card list.

Back