Who's Online Feature

T

troutbert

The site automatically displays the name of any member who has signed up and is visiting the site. What is the purpose of that? I vote for disabling that feature.

troutbert wrote:
The site automatically displays the name of any member who has signed up and is visiting the site. What is the purpose of that? I vote for disabling that feature.
I agree with Troutbert on this...at least to the extent that only "signed in" members can see the members on-line.

In order to have posts read update to your cookie you have to sign in. When you sign in your name pops up. It bothers me a little that people who are lurking and not signed in know I'm online.

Its not a deal breaker but I'd vote for at the very least having the who's on-line non-viewable to guests.

Good idea Troutbert.

Maurice

Who's online? Who cares. My 3 cents (why shouldn't an opinion be subject the inflation like everything else?) By the way, where's the avatar? Third base.

So they are painting your office today Jack??? Next time have them move your desk out of the room.

:D:

You could do a poll! Put it to a vote.

Should we keep the feature that let's you know who's online?

1. Keep it.

2. Dump it.

3. Who cares. My 3 cents (why shouldn't an opinion be subject the inflation like everything else?) By the way, where's the avatar? Third base.

The thing is, option 3 might get most of the votes. :-D

I have heard from a few people before when I took it down once. There is probably enough on both sides to keep it up, but only when you log on. I will leave it that way for now.

I like it. But I do respect the community wishes.

Back