When do you expect to see BWOs in good numbers?

I disagree too. Monday at the Little Lehigh the stocked rainbows really turned on for the bwo hatch; it didn't seem like there were enough bugs to get the browns excited.

Warmed up a bit past few weeks but now a little cooler this week.

Next time it warms up 55-65 degrees for a couple days, I’ll try to pick one of those days where it would be overcast with light drizzle and winds. That will be my first day out.

Prefer dry fly fishing over nymphs but there have been times I’ve done really well with a leading coachman. I wouldn’t be opposed to that.

Warmed up a bit past few weeks but now a little cooler this week.

Next time it warms up 55-65 degrees for a couple days, I’ll try to pick one of those days where it would be overcast with light drizzle and winds. That will be my first day out.

Prefer dry fly fishing over nymphs but there have been times I’ve done really well with a leading coachman. I wouldn’t be opposed to that.
I have great luck during BWO hatches with a pheasant tail soft hackle swung and stripped. I too prefer dries, but the fish hit it on the swing so aggressively it's just as fun.

I have seen some great hatches of good sized stoneflies recently but no fish were feeding.

I find a size 18 or 20 pheasant tail to be the killer fly for BWO epically with olive color Pheasent tail and a soft hackle. It is to fun though to get them on an olive thread body with CDC wings on top.

Back