Warm water/Juniata Jam August 26-28

if i return on time from a trip, I will stop by sat AM to say hi. May be wade fish a couple of hours. Time is tight for me these days. Who knows, may be I'll decide to bring my flycraft.
Bullet: don't count me in the food total. If I make it I'll make a contribution to the group.

I am planning on attending....should be there Saturday AM.

if i return on time from a trip, I will stop by sat AM to say hi. May be wade fish a couple of hours. Time is tight for me these days. Who knows, may be I'll decide to bring my flycraft.
Bullet: don't count me in the food total. If I make it I'll make a contribution to the group.
Feel free to stop by. I can't guarantee who will be around at what times. Sounds like we have a lot of people planning a float Saturday. I prefer to wade and fish in the summer heat so I shouldn't be too far away.

I don’t normally fish warm water, so other than worms, 😊 i don‘t know what types of flies you guys will use in the river at this jam.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I don’t normally fish warm water, so other than worms, 😊 i don‘t know what types of flies you guys will use in the river at this jam.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Just bring some buggers, clouser minnows, and poppers or foam surface bugs. You can get a lot fancier if you'd like, but I promise you can start learning good smallmouth tactics with those 3.

I will try to teach you a few things about the Juniata if you hang with me for a bit..I know this river very well..

Just bring some buggers, clouser minnows, and poppers or foam surface bugs. You can get a lot fancier if you'd like, but I promise you can start learning good smallmouth tactics with those 3.

I will try to teach you a few things about the Juniata if you hang with me for a bit..I know this river very well..
Thanks, Josh. Will do.

Okay folks, as the time is drawing nearer I just wanted to revisit this and let people know all are welcome.

Breakfasts will be cooked and provided in the early mornings (time dependent and can't say for sure) and will include eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc. Dinners will be provided and will definitely not occur until after the evening bite, so dang near dark probably. Dinner will probably be burgers, sausages, sweet corn, etc. Lunches will be whatever and whoever is around camp at the time. Anyone is free and willing to bring snacks/side dishes to share but I will buy and provide enough food for the breakfasts and two dinners, both Friday. I would, however, like to get a firm number on who will be here so I can plan appropriately. Remember, showers and flush bathrooms available, so if you want to bathe bring a towel, etc. Also, a refrigerator is also available, but coolers are a good idea, too.
I've got the definite poeople as :

Dave W, Tom (afishinado), HopBack, Ken (I hope that you do make it), and wetfly. PCray, come on now, I have been a pretty active member of this forum for quite a while now, I think you need to make it up since we have never met. Do I have to bribe you? I'm just teasing, but I hope you can make it for a bit.

Anyone else interested please chime in.
Josh..count me in.I like to cook and will bring a nice sized pot of chili(probably serve 8-10) and would welcome any members to share in that.It's been a few years since I fished"your stretch" and look forward to it!Thanks again for your generous invite.Tom C

That’s a mighty nice of you to provide all of that. Good luck fly anglers.

Who will all be there Friday/daytime for a float?

Here's the deal. My parents 50th anniversary. Throwing a party for them in the Pitt area Saturday. Girlfriend is coming with. But I don't absolutely HAVE to be there until Saturday, and this shindig is kinda on the way. If the stars align I could take Friday off work, come out with the boats and tent Friday morning, float and fish with y'all, stay 1 night, and continue on westward Saturday morning.

If the lady friend is welcome, of course.

Last edited:
Who will all be there Friday/daytime for a float?

Here's the deal. My parents 50th anniversary. Throwing a party for them in the Pitt area Saturday. Girlfriend is coming with. But I don't absolutely HAVE to be there until Saturday, and this shindig is kinda on the way. If the stars align I could take Friday off work, come out with the boats and tent Friday morning, float and fish with y'all, stay 1 night, and continue on westward Saturday morning.

If the lady friend is welcome, of course.
I will be around. I may or may not want to float. I much prefer wading and fishing so I am not tied to a particular length of time on the river; I can also work the water much more thorough and spend time where the fishing is quite good instead of floating through mediocre smallmouth habitat. I am taking off work Friday to help greet and receive the guests and just make sure people get all squared away. Of course your lady friend is welcome to be there and tent as well.

I will be making a post later in the week to consolidate who are "definite-s" and"maybe-s" and their day of arrival.

What time on Friday do you think that you will arrive if you come, Pcray?

I don't know yet. Both me and her have Friday off. It wouldn't be crazy early. I'll have my boys Thursday night. Friday morning I'd have to drive them to Hershey (early, before school, yes they start next week), drive back to Lebanon, ditch the car-seats and pack all the camping and fishing gear and stick the yaks on top, then drive out there from Lebanon. So probably late morning/lunchtimish. We'd bring the boats. I'd have fishing gear, both fly and spin, but whether she fishes or just pleasure cruises is up to her. Would be looking to shuttle, that's why I was asking who's floating Friday.

Still just a maybe. The original plan was to go all the way to western PA on Friday, meet up with my parents and brother. Have to check whether they have anything planned Friday evening, and run it by the better looking partner too.

I don't know yet. Both me and her have Friday off. It wouldn't be crazy early. I'll have my boys Thursday night. Friday morning I'd have to drive them to Hershey (early, before school, yes they start next week), drive back to Lebanon, ditch the car-seats and pack all the camping and fishing gear and stick the yaks on top, then drive out there from Lebanon. So probably late morning/lunchtimish. We'd bring the boats. I'd have fishing gear, both fly and spin, but whether she fishes or just pleasure cruises is up to her. Would be looking to shuttle, that's why I was asking who's floating Friday.

Still just a maybe. The original plan was to go all the way to western PA on Friday, meet up with my parents and brother. Have to check whether they have anything planned Friday evening, and run it by the better looking partner too.
If you choose to come I can shuttle you regardless if I float or not. There are some pretty convenient float options where shuttling is a piece of cake, really.

I'm in. Friday AM thru Sunday morning fishing. Thanks Josh. This a terrific opportunity.

I've been seeing this meet up posted for the previous ones and have been tempted but never made them.
Gonna try to make this one if i can, probably arrive on Friday.
Thank you for this very generous offer!

Okay folks. I am going to do my best to compile a list of "definites" and "maybes." Feel free to correct my list and point out errors. I have received at least one cancel via PM though and that is for AFISHN. I am going to use handles just because not everyone is on a first name basis.

"Definites" are as follows:
Hopback - not sure what day of arrival; Maurice - arrival Friday afternoon; Afishinado - unsure of time of arrival; Wetfly and Son - Arrival Saturday Morning, 7-7:30; Mt_flyfisher - arrival on Friday AM; acesedgley - Saturday AM arrival; Lars - Arrival sometime Friday; Linwood - Arrival sometime Friday; DWA111 - arrival unsure.

"Maybes" Dave_W and Pcray. I think that is it.

I know most of you, but some of you it will be a pleasure to meet. Thanks. Anyone is willing to bring food to share but I will plan to get a lot of food for the dinners and breakfasts and all utensils, plates, etc.

See you folks soon.

Oh, and Ken/KGStine. I hope you're in the definite camp. Didn't mean to forget about you.

Hey Josh,

I plan arrive late Friday afternoon and maybe wade fish that evening, float-fish on Saturday and leave Saturday evening.

Josh -

I‘ve already got most of my stuff packed and am looking forward to getting there sometime Friday AM. Looking forward to meeting you and the others.

John

I have to bow out. It's a bummer on several levels, as I will (quite unexpectedly)be in Lewistown for a funeral Friday.

I am unable to attend, but I hope you guys have a great time. If the offer is extended next year I'll put it on my calendar.

Back