Tricos!

S

Sylvaneous

When launching the boat to go smallmouth fishing on the Allegheny, the Franklin launch area had a hearty Trico spinner cloud. Although it isn't directly relevant to our fishing, I thought I should note it. The spinners bring up the baitfish which activates the smallmouth, and we had better fishing in the 1st hour than later. Not sure, I guess it could be due to the Trico spinners.

Yo red - I'm thinking the Allegheny is a tad warmer now than, say, the Lil Lehi. I do think water temps influence the timing of Trikes, among others. For instance, I find them a week or two sooner on the Brandywine (very little cold spring influence).

Yo red - I'm thinking the Allegheny is a tad warmer now than, say, the Lil Lehi. I do think water temps influence the timing of Trikes, among others. For instance, I find them a week or two sooner on the Brandywine (very little cold spring influence).
I'm sure temps influence the timing. They don't usually start on the Gunpowder here in MD until a couple of months later than they do everywhere else (they often don't start until September.) Still, I've never heard of them starting anywhere until July. But then again, I don't think I've ever seen a warm water angler mention them.

Back