Tips for Identifying Mid Season Hatches!

The Ranting Angler started with a blog in May of 2021 by Dave Rothrock. Dave is a frequent poster on Paflyfish and often attends the Spring Palfyfish Jamboree. He goes by the name @OldLefty . The blog was a way for Dave to share his knowledge of fly fishing gained from many years of fly fishing and guiding. Over the years, Dave made multiple appearances on the Suffering Outdoors YouTube channel with John Kolb. The videos John and Dave did together drew a lot of interest and fanfare. The idea to start a YouTube channel was born out of a meeting in a sub shop in Williamsport, PA while eating cheesesteaks. Dave and John decided to join forces to create The Ranting Angler channel to publish future video content relating to fly fishing.

Their Youtube channel can be found here:
The Ranting Angler

bigjohn358
I'm kind of confused if what I see are a pink lady or gray fox. A lot of what I see are around sizes 12 and 14. Do they often hatch at the same time? I often see them on the north central freestone streams in the evenings mid May through the beginning of June.

Back