The Spring Jamboree is Back! May 20-22, 2022

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member
Friday, May 20th is the start of our annual gathering for the Paflyfish Spring Jamboree Weekend. This is our annual meet-up for members of the site to get together to fly fish, tie flies, camp and share a few stories. We have a lot of fun fishing over some of Pennsylvania's finest streams including the Little J, Penns Creek, Spring Creek, Fishing Creek and plenty more in the region.

The last couple of years have made it difficult to formally plan this event. With some good luck and modern science, we are planning for the Jam in 2022.

The pavilion at Seven Mountains Campground is rented by Paflyfish and is used as a meeting point during the weekend. Plenty of impromptu conversations, fly tying and meet-ups take place at the pavilion. The idea of the weekend is to provide a setting for a casual weekend of fly fishing in a great region of Pennsylvania. As with every year we will be meeting up in the evenings at the pavilion to catch up on the days fishing trips. Friday and Saturday mornings we meet for coffee and plan the day. Often plenty of opportunities for some fly tying and casting lessons being shared.

This year we are going to make the weekend a little more informal. At this time we are not going going to be planning any special speakers or activities. There is always plenty of impromptu fly tying, casting lessons and support on where to fish. So if you are unsure about the area, do not worry there are plenty of members from the site that can help get you started. Many anglers from the site come up early or stay later after the weekend. Follow the latest details in the forum.

Please contact Sevens Mountain Campground directly if you would like to stay there that weekend. They have a limited number of cabins and campsites. I encourage you to make your reservations now.

Use the code: PAFLYFISH for a 10% discount

Website link: Sevens Mountain Campground
101 Seven Mountains
Campground Rd.
Spring Mills, PA 16875
(814) 364-1910
(888) 468-2556
Call between 8:30-4:30 M-F

Last edited:
Awesome! Just booked a primitive cabin in the back. Can't wait for May!

wgmiller wrote:
Awesome! Just booked a primitive cabin in the back. Can't wait for May!

It's been a while. Glad you can get off one of those roller coasters and join us.

dkile wrote:
It's been a while. Glad you can get off one of those roller coasters and join us.

I just hit 50, so it's time to moderate my hobbies a bit... :lol: Looking forward to some fireside chats and good times!

Shakey, just a heads up I heard that they just passed a new ordinance in the valley against anyone that over dresses while fly fishing there . Me personally I think they are just hating on well dressed fly fisherman but either way watch your six out there in May .

Fredrick wrote:
Shakey, just a heads up I heard that they just passed a new ordinance in the valley against anyone that over dresses while fly fishing there . Me personally I think they are just hating on well dressed fly fisherman but either way watch your six out there in May .

that's why it's important to remember,wool ties until after memorial day!

In. Details of dates, cabin vs. tent, and guests TBD. But I'll be there. Where else would I be?

i will be there the 16th to the 25th.

a lot of cabins are rented already!!

shakey wrote:
i will be there the 16th to the 25th.

a lot of cabins are rented already!!

Lots of "cabin" fever! :-D

I'll be there. Staying with JackM.

Farmer Jack's Almanac says the weekend will be warm and dry with cloud cover throughout the day.
(The guy in my avatar will be joining us, G_d willing).

I may need a spot. GG

Les, I just booked Cabin 84 which has that and I am currently solo.
U r welcome to share.
I'm in on Thursday, out on Sunday.
610-858-1727 cell #

Back