Rods, Lines for Sale

Bendog412

Bendog412

Clearing out some space in the closet and moving a few rods and some fly lines….trimming my arsenal a bit since I mostly fish wild trout in small streams (even though I live within sight of the Susquehanna – go figure)…if you’re interested I will ship, or make a road trip to meet up and hit a water in my travels

Steve (Bendog412)

Rods

Sage fli 586 (2-piece, 5-weight) ($275)
Redington Torrent (9-foot, 8-weight, 4-piece) ($200)
St. Croix Imperial (9-foot, 8-weight, 4-piece) ($275)
Tenkara USA Rhodo (with line and instructions, never used) ($150)

Lines
Cortland TroutBoss WF5F ($40)
Cortland 444 Classic ($45)
Scientific Anglers Streamer Express WF-6-F ($35)
RIO Trout LT DT6F ($50)

Other
Cliff’s Bugger Barn Fly Box ($15)

I’ll take the rhodo off your hands. I see 412 in your name, so assuming Pittsburgh area. I’m right by hidden valley but work in Dunbar off of 119. Busy this weekend but maybe meet up one day next week?

Tenkara Rhodo is SOLD....

Last edited:
I had the Redington Torrent price too high....lowered to $160

Got too many 5 weights. You want to buy a Z-axis? LoL

Got too many 5 weights. You want to buy a Z-axis? LoL
I have too many 9ft. 5wts also. I don't really even use that platform a lot. My SAGE Accel 9ft 5wt sucks, I've relegated that to my loaner pile. The Accel is a pretty rod though, I love its emerald green blank. I will keep mine and slap on a custom green fade Abel TR or Vaya to simply "have another build". It's crazy to think that those Accels retailed at $650. Pretty lousy rods but at least they look good. The Bolt was a much better offering, love my 9ft 4wt Bolt, it's a beast for streamers and more forgiving than the Method. I like the orange blank color too. I've fished it on the Delaware and in 2020 it was probably the farthest casting rod I owned. My H3D 9ft 5wt has been relegated to light sub-surface pond fishing, and I still don't know what I think of my SAGE X 5wt 9ft. I like the X but have never been in love with it. I much prefer my SAGE X 8wt 9ft, a GREAT rod for Erie tribs when nymphing and tossing streamers. I like how the X fishes well in close. The X 8wt has great tip protection properties and I have even tight-lined with it for a brief moment, though it was not an ideal rod for that style of fishing.

I digress... The Z-Axis is a nice rod with a cult following (like most premier SAGE rods). I see them on the water from time to time, a testament to their quality considering that rod debuted more than 15 years ago.

What wt is the Cortland 444 Classic?

That Trout Boss is great stuff. I have a 5WF-F for my SAGE Bolt 4wt 9ft. I don't fish the rod often but if I did I'd take that Trout Boss off your hands to swap my line out when it starts wearing out. My Trout Boss isn't even on a reel at the moment. I gave it to a friend and then decided to take it back as it cast better on my rod.

That Trout Boss is great stuff. I have a 5WF-F for my SAGE Bolt 4wt 9ft. I don't fish the rod often but if I did I'd take that Trout Boss off your hands to swap my line out when it starts wearing out. My Trout Boss isn't even on a reel at the moment. I gave it to a friend and then decided to take it back as it cast better on my rod.
I typically overline my rods by one weight as well

Oh, I wouldn't call putting that 5wt Trout Boss on my Bolt over-lining, even though it technically is. I used to use an SA Frequency Boost in a 7WF-F on it! It liked it. I tossed that line when I moved as it was pretty ratty. I am tempted to get the very line you're selling just to have it, but also think I need to cut back on my fly expenses as they have gotten outrageous as I have been prepping out for the upcoming trout season. I also have a Cortland Big Fly that I despise. Broke the welded loop on it on its first outing but that may have been because the thick leader I had on it cut into the loop. Good luck on your sales!

FYI......lines have never been used.....

PM sent on streamer line.
Mike B

Back