Pretty Girl

PXL 20231027 192545177MP

I don't actually know anything about fish ages and such, but something about this fish just looked old and distinguished to me. Always liked it a bit extra for that.

Those are some of the most beautiful brookies ive ever seen great pics
Brookies are my favorite fish to fish for. I chase them year round.
I was a little self conscious about this before I posted so I’ll address it. I’ll fully admit and apologize, I am aware the vertically held fish aren’t ideally ethically perfect. I’m always learning and sometimes I just don’t think of everything. Sometimes the excitement takes over and rookie mistakes happen. I’m sorry.
Don’t hold them vertically.

Thanks for the kind words rustbeltwilds.
~5footfenwick

View attachment 1641235491

I don't actually know anything about fish ages and such, but something about this fish just looked old and distinguished to me. Always liked it a bit extra for that.
Probably 4 years, it’s still healthy looking. In another year or 2 it will be longer but much skinnier and on its way out. Such is the life of a freestone brook trout. Beautiful fish!

Let's not forget these pugnacious little fellas. They're actually native to lots of the state, and they are good fun on the fly rod. I will always adore the redbreast.
PXL 20230601 000055375

By the wear on the tail, I'm thinking stocked. 🤣🤣

Is the mahi off a lobster pot? I'd love to do that someday. Very cool!
No, that was in south Florida. We were poking around some offshore reefs and two Mahi came swimming by. The Mahi was fun, but this fish was painful. Jack Crevalle are by far the strongest fish I’ve encountered on a fly rod.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 12
IMG 9831

Steelhead that'd been in 20-Mile for quite some time before I met them. Always neat to see the transformation from chrome to rainbow over the course of a season.

Back