There is a dead link at the bottom of the article
for the PDF file.

Last edited:
albud1962
There is a dead link at the bottom of the article
for the PDF file.

Last edited:
salmo
I will not be making any additional contribution to the Commonwealth this year. I pay an out of state license fee each year for fishing about 10 days a year. New Jersey has a much more reasonable license fee for out of staters. A Non-resident license and trout stamp is $54.00.

Last edited:
C
Combo stamp. Lake Erie is at my door step so it is basically mandatory for us up here in the Erie area.

Last edited:
H
I haven't bought any voluntary permits that just came out this fishing season and the main reason is not knowing what that funding will really do when the PFBC receives it. I would rather donate funding to Trout Unlimited or fishing conservation groups. I guess I just have a little mistrust with the PFBC due to their financial situation. They increased prices on some things but then offered volunteer permits. I totally despise the PA State Legislature for putting the PFBC in this financial situation but what purpose does the voluntary permits serve? Is it to see who is willing to pay extra for things like Trout Stamps? I don't want to buy a bass permit or other permits just to fish those fish. I'd rather pay more in annual license fees vs each species. Why because the higher annual license, everyone pays equal share vs species. I've been fishing for over 30 yrs and have kept 4 fish over the last 20 yrs. I'm a catch and release guy and I'm sorry but if I'm not harvesting fish, then I should pay little to nothing regarding permits. Like I said, I'll pay higher annual license fees. I just think this is an attempt to target species and raise money but we all know where the costs are - labor and trout raising. I fish wild trout streams that are not stocked and catch and release, so why do I need a trout permit?

Last edited:
Acristickid
The PAFB commission seems to have rushed to get these voluntary permits out there.

Agree there is some confusion with this rollout but it is destined to improve.

100% of the funds collected will be used for their specific purpose.

I would expect that people that do not donate to charities will not donate to this.

Do people believe in conspiracy theories with regard PAFB?? Do you think they trying to rip you off? Same people against the game Commission no doubt.

If you love fly fishing and it’s important to you , you need to ask the question- “If I don’t donate, who will?”

Last edited by a moderator:
Mwheaps32
Please don't associate charities with a government run agency

Last edited:
wbranch
Since I have a Lifetime Senior License and bought it before the regulations were changed regarding trout stamps and the Erie per permit I haven't paid a cent for a license or any stamps for the last ten years. I'll likely purchase a wild trout & habitat improvement permit in addition to my season NY and MT licenses.

Last edited:
mooney4
Not that I don't think there should be money allocated to specific causes but it seems that the commission seems to be finding ways to bring in money from the public. Maybe there should be a choice on the poll for NONE.

Last edited:
P
This poll was just another way at getting us to look at Voluntary Permits.

What's next, "adopt a fish" programs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back