PA Toothy Critters FF Success Thread - 2021

Baron wrote:
Is this the post Pickerel spawn lull I hear about where they disappear for a month or so after spawning. Been out twice and no hits yet.

They should be coming out of it soon, Baron. A couple of my fishing buddies were up in the Poconos, tossing lures for a couple of hours last week and didn't catch anything. The earliest I've had any luck with pickerel was the first week in May on Little Egypt lake. They were willing to chase flies then. Panfish, except maybe for yellow perch, won't really start hitting until the end of the month. They'll be in pre-spawn mode about then.
Speaking of toothy critters, if you forget your net I wouldn't recommend lipping a trout to land it.

I guess I should give in and try my luck at Shad for now but I sorely miss panfish.
Thanks for the timing tips. I may use some spinning gear and mealies this weekend. That should at least get Perch.

I won't lip trout though I used to lip stockies when I had calluses. Took all summer for the scratches to grow out.

The fly I had on when I caught yesterday's Bass was something I tied up for Crappie, size 2 or 4 , and has a good action under water. When wet it all folds back into a princess looking minnow. A minnow with a sting.

Attachments

• IMG_4572.jpeg
    IMG_4572.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 3
Back