night time on the yough

• Thread starter Steelhead_JESUS
  • Start date
Steelhead_JESUS

Steelhead_JESUS

first night trip on the yough somewhat paid off.. this was my second time ever trying this but it really is fun

Attachments

• IMG_8582.jpeg
    IMG_8582.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 249
That's fantastic! I've fished the yough some and it's been a love hate relationship. I imagine night time fishing there can be tricky!

Swung wets?
i usually do when i do fish the flat water but after doing a trip to the west branch and getting slapped in the face, i’ve only been fishing dries down here in SW PA. That one was on a sulphur believe it or not and then the sleeper fly for me has been a tan grass hopper.. i’ve been smoking fish on that and crippled elk hair caddis on the yough

That's fantastic! I've fished the yough some and it's been a love hate relationship. I imagine night time fishing there can be tricky!
it most certainly is with me too lol.. that river is dangerous enough during the day but where i was at its pretty flat so i just told myself i’d only do it with low flows and in easy wading water

Somewhat paid off?

Somewhat paid off?
i was anticipating something bigger but i think we all do that..i’m happy but still going to search for something bigger

that evening i got there later.. i wanna say a little past 530 PM then fished till about 10
i’ve been hitting that pretty hard in the evenings i’m getting reconstructive on my acl and my surgery is the 26th so i’ve been driving out there several times a week after work to fish before i’m locked up for the rest of the summer.. i have to say though this summer has been the best i’ve ever done on the yough so far

that evening i got there later.. i wanna say a little past 530 PM then fished till about 10
If you want to catch the bigger one my thought would be stake out the day time likely haunt for an hour. Wait till dark, find the shallow flats on the side of the deep pool or more likely the tailout and swing a pair size 6-8 govenors through that tail out or swing and then slowly hand twist retrieve a wooly bugger or harvey pusher across a shallow flat with heterogeneous rock sizes.

Back