R

rtawneyjr

Just joined. I am collecting E. HILLE items.

New to fly tying and fairly new to fly fishing.

I used to live ~4 blocks from E. HILLE when they were on Railway St. and I was a young teenager. Bill taught me how to make my own Swiss Swings and how to fish ultra light for natives. He was a great help.

Just joined. I am collecting E. HILLE items.

New to fly tying and fairly new to fly fishing.

I used to live ~4 blocks from E. HILLE when they were on Railway St. and I was a young teenager. Bill taught me how to make my own Swiss Swings and how to fish ultra light for natives. He was a great help.
Welcome to the jungle!

Welcome to the board.
When I started out flyfishing in the 70's the E. Hille catalog was my main option for fly tying material. I don't think I have anything left with the label on it, but I would bet in the bottom of my stuff there is still some leftover bits of something from them. I never visited there, even though I only lived maybe an hour away.

Welcome to the board.
When I started out flyfishing in the 70's the E. Hille catalog was my main option for fly tying material. I don't think I have anything left with the label on it, but I would bet in the bottom of my stuff there is still some leftover bits of something from them. I never visited there, even though I only lived maybe an hour away.
I spent a Summer bothering the guys on a regular basis. LOL. They never seemed to mind.

Welcome aboard. GG

Back