Major Issue (S___L___O___W...........SITE

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

Man it is frustrating, I hope something can be done, seems really bad during working hours but decent in the evening?? The situation will greately deter participation in the coming busy season!!

Out of curiosity...

What kind of database does this site run? Mysql?

Looks to me like its a slow database server, primarily because the forum seems to be slower than the rest.

Perhaps all of us users could send donations for a new database box?

I'd send a few bucks for sure.

The site is hosted by Godaddy. It is run from a CMS package called xoops and a mysql backend. I notice some performance problems as well. My office speed is very slow anyway so it is hard to tell during the day. At home and it has been very slow since I switched to Comcast.

Tonight it is the fastest I have every seen the site. All parts blazing!

Dave

H'aint never seen this site so fast as it is hereabouts in Tioga County.

2/8 9:25 am

the stite is VERY slow..terrible :-x

PaulG

It seems to me that it is slow during the busy times of the day; the times where everyone is one. However, and I know it has been mentioned before, many of the users logged on aren't actually reading or posting. Therefore, slowing down the site. I believe the length of time that an inactive user can stay logged on was just increase, which means a longer period of slow time.
Not to be rude, but do use all a favor and log off when you are done, because you will remained logged in as long as you are on the Internet. It only takes 5 seconds to retype your username and password to log back in.

Besides, the most congested time of the day is about 9:30 a.m. You guys mean to tell me you get paid for 8 hours and are only busy the first half an hour. :)

Extremely slow. If the host GoDaddy is the problem, I recommend finding another host.

Back