Lost Rod Tube Cap at Spring Creek (Below Cottage Section, PAFBC Access Dock area)

Loukayza

Loukayza

Hi All,

I know this is a longshot, but in my haste in packing up at some point on the evening of April 14th or April 15th, I think I lost the cap to my rod tube here. I was using a Orvis Recon 9' 6WT. I can't recall if the cap to the rod tube shows that on it, but I searched high and low since I got home and this was the only location I would have messed with my rod tube as I had just arrived there the 14th for a 4-day trip. Here's the GPS coords of the place I'm referring to: 40.893847, -77.793094

I've seen people leave keys and other lost and found at the little "Notice" stand, so if anyone happens to fish here soon and stumbles on it.

The irony of the whole situation is I lost my net in the stream the same day, the screw just came out while hanging below my back and didn't notice until minutes later.

On the bright side, I caught a decent amount of fish... LOL....

I'll pay double whatever it costs for you to ship back to me in Southwest PA, if by some miracle you find it.

Thanks!!
Dan

I imagine you don't want to spend extra money on this, but my local Orvis outlet has a big bin of metal rod tubes for $9 each. I don't know what your Recon came in - my Recon 5 wt. came in a one piece zip-top fabric tube - but, if you post a pic, I would certainly be happy to snag you a tube with cap if they have the correct one.

Thanks all! A very kind member drove by this location and confirmed that the cap wasn't there via private message.

I will check to see if Orvis can send me one. I did buy the rod at Flyfishers Paradise a few years ago but don't think I saved any of the warranty paperwork, so who knows what Orvis might say.

@hooker-of-men thanks for that offer. Let me look into some others things and I will message you if I want to go that route. My rod was a full metal tube, with the twist in metal cap so they may have changed it over the years.

Sorry I can't offer any help but if you don't want to someday be posting a "lost rod" notice, develop a routine for setting up and breaking down your rod & reel and stick to that routine as if life's end loomed.

When I get to a spot, the LAST thing I do is set up my rod and the rod tube cap goes in my pocket until I am ready to put it back on the tube.

When I am done fishing the FIRST thing I do is break down my rod & reel with the rod getting safely put away first and the reel second, supplemental gear comes next and wading gear last every single time I go fishing.

Even though I can misplace my car keys at home as often as next klutz, it's because I know I can be a klutz that I have an unwavering routine when fishing.

I hope you get a replacement cap and learn from the experience. ;)

Back