Lightning Strike indicators

mute

mute

Always used dry fly indicators and Palsa Foam pinch ons. I recently bought Lighting Strike Football indicators. Pack of 5 for $6. I havent been able to fish them yet but so far putting them on the leader and readjusting them is easy as pie. Hopefully they work well so i dont always have to be buying indicators. Dont get me wrong, the pinch ons are awesome. Its just i can go through 20 in one day. Now that these are reusable and easily adjustable it will rock.

http://www.hareline.com/new05webimages/FOL.jpg

I thought you were talking about one of these
img11lightning%20rod.jpg

I've tried them, and in theory they are pretty neat, but not as easy to use as you would think. Another experiment in equipment that did not work for me.

How so augustWest? I was able to slide one up the leader, grab twist and it stayed on, grab twist it slid loose, what else is to it?

mute, if they are the ones that have a slit on the side of it with a rubber twister. I have had them come untwisted (is that a word ? ) fairly often

Merle

I have used them all and I have stuck with these (mostly).

Shortened Link To Thill Indicators

The Thill indicators have to be slid on when you are rigging up (at my age sometimes I forget). The toothpick plug gets waterlogged and is only good for a half a day before it is shot. Have to remember toothpicks. But they float like crazy, are visible, and you never watch them float away.

I do carry pinch on foam and biostrike for times when I need a very light indicator. I do carry some twist on's for a quick rigging on the stream, but when I know I am nymphing the Thill indicators go on.

That is my too scents.

The ones I tried have the rubber twister as Merle described. Untwisted and slid on me. Not so easy to move and stay put. Maybe these are different. I'm always looking for a new way of doing stuff, but I end up going back to a dry fly - nymph rig which works fine for me. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I can't help myself. Maybe this brand is better. The bobber thing bothers me too though, I must admit.

Happened to see the indicators you alluded to so I bought a pack. They are different from the rubber band type I used and did not like. I am a junky for gadgets and such so I will give them a try.

Back