Large largie

F

Flyty_ryguy

GH012972 1664197625755
GH012972 1664197371269
caught on t&a bangtail that I tied
20220821 182252

Nice one , they are usually a by catch for me I caught two 5 pounders this summer . For some reason I cant beat the 5 lb. mark on the fly .

Big ones over 3 pounds are always fun on the fly, not as fun with spinning gear though. All of my big bass came from poppers, never had much luck with streamers for them. Nice fish.

Big ones over 3 pounds are always fun on the fly, not as fun with spinning gear though. All of my big bass came from poppers, never had much luck with streamers for them. Nice fish.
Why is catching bass over 3lbs more fun on spinning gear, u can fight them on a reel with a fly rod too, if that's what u like about it

Why is catching bass over 3lbs more fun on spinning gear, u can fight them on a reel with a fly rod too, if that's what u like about it
Not really sure how you got that, I don't feel much unless it's over a 5 on spinning, a three is great on the fly.

Here's a large largie. This was caught in the Philly suburbs by a friend. Not on fly gear though.

Attachments

• IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    343.8 KB · Views: 13
Here's a large largie. This was caught in the Philly suburbs by a friend. Not on fly gear though.
This is my first bass season with a fly rod, that was my biggest largie with a fly until 2 nights ago I caught a real whopper of a bass. But who cares about some largie caught by ur buddy on spin gear. I could understand posting that if u had caught it, or if ur buddy had caught it on fly rod. I know the fish I caught isn't gigantic so I don't know what the point of ur post is

There's no point to it at all. Wasn't diminishing your catch either. Just sharing a pic of a big bass. You'll get there.

There's no point to it at all. Wasn't diminishing your catch either. Just sharing a pic of a big bass. You'll get there.
I've caught a few nice ones on a baitcaster, but I wasn't going to mention that due to the fact this is a fly fish forum

I've caught a few nice ones on a baitcaster, but I wasn't going to mention that due to the fact this is a fly fish forum
Chill my fishing brother... its just fishing here ... Personally I like seeing big fish. I wait all year for a certain member to bless us with his monsters.. He catches them on a fly but if I saw a random Rapala I wouldnt care..
NightStalker ..if you read this I hope you have a post coming this Fall.....

Back