Lancaster Fly Fishing Show this weekend 5-6Mar

I live single digit miles away and will be there sporting North Carolina blue clothing in Penn State country. I don't know if the Neptune Diner is still open or not. I rarely venture into the city of Lancaster even though I live only a few miles away.

I really don't need to buy anything, but I do want to watch fly casters who are better than I am so I can learn to be better.

Yo Cano - let's link up. Which day are you going? We have mutual folks at Mannheim to share. I used to have a lot of dealings with them, at most locations as well as HQ in Atlanta. Though not so much with the Mannheim location.

PM sent.

I doubt that there will be anyone else there sporting North Carolina blue if you didn't get my PM. I bought a ticket for both days.

Saturday I'm gonna be heading south on 81 from the Shamokin area if anyone is thinking about going and would need a ride... Wife was gonna go and visit family but got hooked into doing a kids project at our Library.

I went to the NJ show for my serious looking. I "think" I will be going to Lancaster on Saturday, but it's a kid weekend, so I will have a 7 and 10 year old in tow. As such its only as long as nobody misbehaves, lol. I don't expect to stay more than 2 hrs or so. And our activities will avoid anything "boring" like nuanced technique or tying talks.

Suggestions welcome, thinking oohs and ahhs. And would love to have the boys interact with a celebrity or two like Humphrey's.

Boys will be in scout shirts for the free admission. Woohoo.

I'll have a booth there at the end of the first casting pool. Come say hi!

I will be at the Lancaster Fly Fishing Show this weekend. I don't need to buy anything(I have enough). I will bring a note pad/pen and watch the fly casters, who know what they are doing, and take notes so that I can get much better at what I want to do as a fly fisherman.

I am very close to getting much better at fly casting than I am right now, but know that I can improve with some paying attention observation.

I am sure that I will also wander aimlessly around and bull$h!t at the booths. I will be proudly sporting The University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill clothing where my daughter earned her undergraduate degree(education that I financed) blue so should be easy to find.

She has been taking plenty of other courses in natural sciences at North Carolina State University. I am proud of my daughter for being such a great student. I am sure that some of you reading my post know that the ex-wife would really make a difference if their ex-husband heard the words "Thank You" once in a while.

If life was easy, everyone else could do it.

See you at the show.

CT

Last edited:
20220305 132012
Screenshot 20220305 142319 Gallery

I was there yesterday and it was a great experience and blew all my birthday money on fly tying materials

Although the vendor count was down maybe 25%, I still had a great time. Some of the usual rod companies weren't there, nor were there folks like FishUSA and FlyShack (are they even still around?) where I could bulk up on hooks, etc. For hackle, Collins wasn't there (I hear he doesn't do shows anymore, and COVID wasn't the reason) but Sideling Hackle was, and several beautiful necks somehow found their way back to West Chester. It was great running into a bunch of pals from here. I only got one stick (Hardy) and no reels, but got in t lot of casting.
By late morning, folks coming in said parking at both garages was full - I don't recall that happening before. Another bit of good news is that half the crowd looked like they were under 50 YO - good for the sport.

Back