Ladies Night Swap

So sad to hear about Kim's passing. He was a very positive influence for fly tiers. I've participated in several of his swaps (including a previous Ladies Night Swap).

I've hosted swaps before. Since most of you have already tied your flies, would you like me to take over as swapmaster just to finish out the swap for everyone? It would be a shame to see the swap fall apart after Kim put so much effort into getting it going. I'd like to see it finished just for him.

If everyone is comfortable with that, each of you just needs to PM their name, address, and basic contact info. I can reply with mine. After you receive my info, you can ship your flies out and i'll update the board as they are received.

Here is the list of what people signed up for to date:

1 - dc410! - Rainy's Popcorn Bal
2 -Terry Murphy - Beck's Bugger
3 - lazlow- Spotter Midge
4 - jeffroey - Nadia Stancev's Wasp
5 - whheff - Holly Theriault's Maple Syrup
6 - patchezMDM - Mary Kuss MK Sulfur Emerger

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

why dont you get in touch with kimbas family first at the email address shown in the following post before you create a new swap. the family is trying to fulfill swaps from other forums and maybe this forum swap as well

Okay swap participants. PM sent containing my shipping address and a refresher of Kim's rules. Once I receive all kits - including (6) flies - five for the not-you swap participants and one for Kim, I'll bundle everything up and get it back in the mail to you ASAP.

@dc410: I'm tracking our previous PM conversation.

why dont you get in touch with kimbas family first at the email address shown in the following post before you create a new swap. the family is trying to fulfill swaps from other forums and maybe this forum swap as well

View attachment 1641235031
Thx @nfrechet. Since no one from this swap sent flies previously, I'm assuming the family would appreciate us taking this off the their plate and giving them one less thing to track during the most difficult of times.

I reached out to the family via email previously with my personal condolences - I'll follow up to make sure they're not looking for anything form us.

My flies arrived today and they are great. Also the leader is greatly appreciated too.
Thanks jeffroey for completing Kim's swap.

I got my flies today, too. Great job by all involved.

Thanks Jeffroey for picking up Kim’s swap and thanks for the leader as well, very much appreciated.

Glad to do it and forgot to mention I was sticking a leader in each envelope (I think Kim always included a gift).

Enjoyed closing this one out and certainly enjoyed participating in a swap or two w/ Kim.

I might be looking to host a few from the beginning. Keep an eye out!

Sorry i forgot to reply. Got my flies on Saturday and loved the leader as well as the great ties. I was looking over my big box of swap flies and realized I have quite the collection now. I have participated in 4 or 5 of Kim's swaps at his urging. He had said they are a great way for a new tyer to learn techniques and practice patterns. He was indeed correct.

Thanks for helping close this out Jeffroey. I look forward to your swaps should you have any. I would suggest that if the swaps continue that we always tie an extra fly for Kim. Maybe save them for a few swaps and then donate a few dozen flies to an organization, such as Casting for Recovery or Project Healing Waters. I know there has been trouble with this last swap in getting anyone to accept them perhaps because of the low number of flies. Maybe start a fly library somewhere in Kim's name as another option.

Back