John Gooderham on the LeTort

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Gooderham gives a short fly-fishing lesson on a section of LeTort Spring, one of the 13 Pennsylvania Designated Scenic Rivers.

franklin
I had one in my pickup cap for a few years. While I like them the plastic on the ends deteriorated in the heat and came apart. I had to rig up an alternate way to connect the ends.

Last edited:
Padraic
I used one with my Jeep Cherokee. I guess my truck wasn't as big as the designers of the system envisioned! Still, it was handy to have 2 and 4 piece rods up off the floor of the cargo area. You just couldn't leave them strung up very well. And unfortunately, my favorite rod is a three piece... that just didn't work out at all!

Last edited:
J
I don't really see the point of this product unless you happen to have a truck that has at least 9' of space to put a rod. Kind of defeats the purpose if you have to break the rod down. A great product that a buddy of mine has is the magnetized rod holders you put on the outside of the car. It's very stable and you don't have to break down the rod. They're a little more pricier but well worth it if you are going to be driving to a couple different locations during the outing. Here's one that Orvis sells:

http://www.orvis.com/store/productchoice.aspx?pf_id=9E4Y&dir_id=758&group_id=17492&cat_id=15829&subcat_id=15819

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back