Issue with licensing website

dennisl

dennisl

Anyone else having problems logging into huntfish.pa.gov?

I'm getting errors when I try to find my account. Have tried both SSN and driver's license.

When I go to create an account I get a message saying I already have an account.

:hammer:

2 weeks ago it would not work for me either. I used CID and drivers license - couldn't find me. tried to set up a new account and it did the same thing. went to Walmrt and they had no problem finding me and issuing license.

Try again…

I had the same problem a second ago trying to log in with my User & Password, so I called and the person I spoke with said she was unaware of any issues with the website.

So, I tried again and got in with no issues.

Speaking of the HuntFish PA website…

If you have an account and are logged in and looking at your Customer Profile/Personal Information page, at the bottom right above the “Personal Characteristics” you will see “Sportman’s Equipment ID” in bold and a number & letter combo under it.

I assumed and was advised I was correct that it is a serial number of sorts that you can put on equipment to identify you as the owner. It was probably intended to be used more for things like tree stands & game cameras, but I was told it is perfectly all right to use it to label some of the stuff I see on the “Lost & Found” page on PAFF. ;-)

I already label some of my gear with my name & phone number, but I like the idea of a registered back-up number that I can use in addition.

Turned out to be complicated. I had 3 accounts for some reason. Had to speak to PFBC who merged the accounts into one and now I can log in.

I had tons of problems trying to find a regular adult license. The only items that were featured on the site were senior licenses. Then I read the small print If you turn 65 during the 2022 season you're a senior. Damn, I feel old. I remember when a senior license seemed sooooo far away.

Their computer system is crap. I had trouble, too. This has no reflection on the men and women that patrol our state. It's a damn dumb software decision.

I had no problem at all. Interesting that you do not have to sign it this year? Has it been this way? I don't remember since i bought in person last year.

I remember reading about problems last year on this website and bought my 2022 license at my local hardware store. It was easy and I like supporting a local hardware store.

I know that I will have to wait for the button, but I am legal for 2022.

barrybarry wrote:
I had tons of problems trying to find a regular adult license. The only items that were featured on the site were senior licenses. Then I read the small print If you turn 65 during the 2022 season you're a senior. Damn, I feel old. I remember when a senior license seemed sooooo far away.
I had a similar problem trying to find the 2022 license buttons which I am a fan of even though there is no longer a display requirement for a license.

It was only when I selected "fishing" for the choice of license and clicked the button on the webpage that read "disable all filters," which I guess get turned on based on your age & license status once you log in. After doing that I saw what I was looking for on the FULL list of fishing license options.

The GOOD news is this time I could buy extra buttons in a single transaction versus doing a separate transaction for each button as in the past. However, that may be because the CID number no longer appears on the button, so they are "generic" and not license holder specific.

The website is definitely quirky to say the least and not intuitive as other ecommerce sites but heck, I feel the same way about PAFF compared to other BB's I frequent... ;-)

...however, that will get better beginning tomorrow!!

tried just now on 2 different computers and tried 3 ways to get into my account - every time it says cannot log into my account. I have current valid licenses, this is terrible. was able to do it without issue last time i bought a license.

I used it on Sunday to purchase my fishing license, no problems, smooth as the ice on Lake Jean.

It worked for me a few days ago although it was glitchy when I tried to add the voluntary "permits," such as the muskie stamp, that I buy every year.

tomgamber wrote:
I had no problem at all. Interesting that you do not have to sign it this year? Has it been this way? I don't remember since i bought in person last year.

From my understanding, they changed the "sign in ink" requirement for fishing licenses this year to allow electronic images on your phone to suffice as proof of purchase.

I also struggled a bit to call up my account on the site, but finally was able to navigate through it and make my license purchases.

I WAS ABLE TO SIGN IN USING MY SS# AND DL EXPIRATION DATE. IF YOU'VE PURCHASED A LICENSE BEFORE IT SHOULD ALL BE IN THERE. EVEN SHOWED ME ALL MY PREVIOUS YEARS LICENSE PURCHASES WHICH MADE IT EASIER TO SELECT WHICH ONES I WANTED THIS YEAR.

kbobb wrote:
tried just now on 2 different computers and tried 3 ways to get into my account - every time it says cannot log into my account. I have current valid licenses, this is terrible. was able to do it without issue last time i bought a license.
Did you try calling the support number: 800-838-4431?

When I was having an issue a day or so ago, I called and a real live human being answered the phone, (a rarity at the PFBC these days) who was pleasant & helpful...

I had no issues purchasing a furtakers license the other day and reporting all my hunting harvests. I like to purchase my main hunting and fishing licenses in person. To date, this new site has been easy to use.

I logged in yesterday and used my drivers license and it went really smooth. Can print off multiple copies to keep in different bags (trout bag and small bag for bass/crappie) Makes it so I don't have to transfer license from bag to bag. Saved me time too. Overall experience was pretty good.

Did you try calling the support number: 800-838-4431?

When I was having an issue a day or so ago, I called and a real live human being answered the phone, (a rarity at the PFBC these days) who was pleasant & helpful...
Called the help line - thanks for that ph #. they had a typo in my SS# and it was resolved. now I can log in.
Will have to scan my license into computer in case I lose it - also like to keep multiple copies - one for fly vest, one for tackle box, etc.

Also, I had to re-register as kbobb1 for this forum because the new format kept telling me my password was incorrect - i used same one I've been using recently.
I hate computers...

Called the help line - thanks for that ph #. they had a typo in my SS# and it was resolved. now I can log in.
Will have to scan my license into computer in case I lose it - also like to keep multiple copies - one for fly vest, one for tackle box, etc.

Also, I had to re-register as kbobb1 for this forum because the new format kept telling me my password was incorrect - i used same one I've been using recently.
I hate computers...
I'm really not sure about this BUT...

Log back into the site, get past all of the verification stuff and get to YOUR home page and see if a facsimile of the new license you purchased at Walmart shows up there.

IF it does, you can reprint/save that.

one other thing...check the name on an old license. my kid had a number or extra letter or some other character in his name once and we had to fix that before he could into the site in a previous year.

Back