Information on Two old rods please.

I

IdratherbePhishing

I receive an old vintage bamboo rod from my girlfriends father for christmas. I was wondering if anyone on here would have some information on it. I did some research and could not find much. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The first rod- is approximately 8ft11 three piece bamboo. It says columbia above the cork. No other markings on the rod. I am leading to believe it is made by horrocks ibbotson but the info I found did not seem factual. as said that it dates back to the 30's

The second rod- s approximately 8 ft and two piece. Above the cork it said Ike Walton. Also I think it said horrocks ibbotson under that in tiny letters. the model number is on the rod as well it is N*1348. I dont think this rod is bamboo due to the fact that it is round. And i dont think its fiberglass either.

Just looking for any kind of info on the rod. Maybe the line weights for both if someone would know. And as far as i seen they were not very valuable, which doesnt make a difference to me because i would not sell them anyway and the sentimental value meant more. any information would be greatly appreciated. I do have pictures of the rods if it makes it any easier.

You could ask over at www.classicflyrodforum.com/forum

They've seen it all.

Back