If you find a rod hidden in the woods....

Years ago when Clarks Creek was fishing well I pulled into one of the last, maybe the last, parking lot on the right of ther FF section. There was one other car parked there deep in the shade. I got my waders on and grabbed my rod and as I walked past the other car I was stunned to see two high end graphite rods and good reels fastened into those magnetic rod holders on the hood and roof of the car. I had no idea what to do. I just left them there and hours later when I quit and came back to the car those rods were still there.

I guess the angler was having a fantastic day or he'd come across Slenderman and was never seen again.

I was dopey enough to have not left one rod on top of a car and lose it but twenty years later I left a Sage 9' #5 and Lamson Litespeed on top of my car near my cabin. I didn't notice it until hours later. The first rod was a first generation graphite rod I had built for my Dad with a classic Hardy LRH reel. The next day I walked into a fly shop in Ennis, Montana and bought a 9' #5 Loomis with another LRH reel for Dad.

I was dopey enough to have not left one rod on top of a car and lose it but twenty years later I left a Sage 9' #5 and Lamson Litespeed on top of my car near my cabin. I didn't notice it until hours later. The first rod was a first generation graphite rod I had built for my Dad with a classic Hardy LRH reel. The next day I walked into a fly shop in Ennis, Montana and bought a 9' #5 Loomis with another LRH reel for Dad.
Mine was an Orvis one weight with a Lamson Reel. Left at West Valley.

Back