Hendrickson dry fly for pine creek

H

hectortmc

Can anyone tell me what color dubbing to use I'll be going next week thanks. I know dun hackle and wood duck wing. Guess I'm having a brain fart lol

Assuming you are asking about dry flies, ginger to red-brown, not that it matters.

Light Hendricksons, Dark Henricksons and everything in between. I would diversify my arsenal by pattern category (nymph. emerger, dun) and stick to the size 14 or if you want 12. Parachutes are under-rated in my opinion as they can imitate the emergers and spinners which often occur simultaneously.

JackM wrote:
Light Hendricksons, Dark Henricksons and everything in between. I would diversify my arsenal by pattern category (nymph. emerger, dun) and stick to the size 14 or if you want 12. Parachutes are under-rated in my opinion as they can imitate the emergers and spinners which often occur simultaneously.

^ What Jack said. I agree completely.

GenCon

Better hope the water comes down and they don't get any more rain in the next week. Dark Brown, Rusty Brown, Isonychia color, mix of claret and brown dubbing.

Honestly, always did better fishing caddis flies, small black and brown stoneflies, and streamers. I typically fish the slate run and cedar run area.

Frank

water is high and cold 44 degrees, little black stoneflys and a few small 18 caddis are showing. have to dredge to find fish.

Back