Have the week off...where should I head?

B

brianc267

I just moved back to SW PA and have the week off before I start work. Anywhere half decent given all of the rain? Looking for within 2 hours or so. Camping preferred but not mandatory.

Small streams are coming into shape if not fishing well already. Maybe the Laurel Highlands given your location, if wild trout are your thing? The warmer temps in the next few days should only help.

Spring creeks or smaller limestone influenced streams should also be good to go soon if not already.

I was thinking the Linn Run if nothing else. Thanks!

Linn Run is a half-day event - use the state cabins as base-camp. Package that with Laurel Hill, Indian Creek, and the Loyalhanna.

foxfire wrote:
Linn Run is a half-day event - use the state cabins as base-camp. Package that with Laurel Hill, Indian Creek, and the Loyalhanna.

Yea, Linn Run is definitely a half day event. With it being so close to the road, it's really easy to cover the whole public section.

If it was me, I'd look into camping at the Confluence campground and using that as a base camp. There's the Yough, Laurel Hill, Whites Creek, the Cassleman, and a bunch of gemmie/wild trout streams in the nearby vicinity. The Savage River, and the Maryland section of the Cassleman and Yough are also not very far away, as long as you wouldn't mind buying a out of state license for a day or two(definitely worth it). Plenty of good fishing to make a week or few days out of in that area.

Back