Found: 100ft. Of mono and spinner Penns fly area

JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

Any takers. Found a lovely mess of about 100ft of a out 14lb mono (blue) probably Stren or Berkeley or even cheaper attached to a nice spinner. Got tangled in my legs while fishing Penns Creek at Poe Paddy July 2nd.

There is no FFO section on Penns.

Catch and release, whatever, it was a nice surprise. Especially wet wading. Happy fishing, watch your step.

I apologize. Any area that says catch and release I automatically associate with fly fishing because how contradictory does it sound to include treble hook and catch and release in the langauge of fishing ethics. Some of the regulations this state comes up with absolutely no sense. I honestly don't care what the rules are, catch and release and all tackle should not be in the same sentence. Just my own opinion.

I disagree with that 100% catch and release in no way should be automatically associated with fly fishing although that's all I do is flyfish there is plenty of other waters flat landers can fish to feel elite feel free to fine them. I see trash or human left debris on 100% of the waters I fish its everywhere.

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:

... how contradictory does it sound to include treble hook and catch and release in the langauge of fishing ethics ....

I admit to being a spinfisherman as well as my fly fishing.

Yes, I use lures that were outfitted and sold with treble hooks. However, I clip one, and sometimes two, of the hooks off of all of my what-used-to-be three pronged hooks. Even with two hooks remaining, they are sooo much easier and quicker to remove from a fish's mouth.

If you saw me on an ALO stretch of stream fishing beside you and your fly rod, you'd condemn me in your mind. But I'd actually be every bit as "ethical" as you.

Try to not be so judgemental and critical of everybody who isn't just like you.

Back