Fly Fishing Festival, Boiling Springs, Aug 13 & 14

Letort

Letort

Second Fly fishing festival at Allenberry Resort today. Beautiful day weather wise. Arrived about 12:15 and it was nicely attended. Not so busy that you couldn’t talk with vendors but enough people to create a buzz.

Observations (some tongue in cheek):

I don’t know how I have survived fishing all these years without a rod vault on the roof of my vehicle.

Musician playing was really good, combo of classic rock, country and his own pieces. Really enjoyed.

Cast a Scott Centric rod. It was really, really nice. I am looking for a 9’ 5w for Penns and Delaware, etc and I think this could be a contender. My longest current rod is 8’6” and it is a little slow action.

A company that focuses only on dry fly coatings was there - High & Dry. Formed by several chemists that got to know each other through fly fishing. I will definitely try their product.

Flat brimmed hats are far more prevalent at fly fishing shows than on the stream.

All in, a fun time. If you are around Boiling Springs Sunday, worth a few minutes of your time.

A company that focuses only on dry fly coatings was there - High & Dry. Formed by several chemists that got to know each other through fly fishing. I will definitely try their product.
Love the stuff. Been using it (liquid) for a few years now.

The Patagonia guys at the wader leak testing station were top notch. Fantastic customer service for all makes of waders. I suggest that all full-service fly shops should consider this kind of set-up.

Back