cabelas prestige reel

tbrom

tbrom

Does anyone own one of these? I just picked one up for 15$ out of the bargain cave just wondered if anyone has ever used one. I figure I can always give it to my kids if they are junk.

The Prestige plus is a great reel. Most people here give it shining reviews, myself included. Not sure about the original prestige.

Upon looking at it, it appears to be an Okuma sierra. I know cabela's has other manufacturers make their equipment, so that's probably what it is. If so, solid reel. It's my go-to when I need a cheap one.

I have one and a couple spools...my only complaint is that the rim of the spool isn't all that durable. When spooling line I dropped it on the vinyl floor and it cracked and dented slightly and of course then it would rub when on the reel causing friction. The first time this happened I called them and they sent me a new spool...

with that said, knowing this, I have used it for 2 years and have managed not to damage it in any way on the stream.

Other than that I like the weight, the drag, size and pretty much everything else about them...they are really cheap on the website right now and are AT LEAST a good back up reel. For me its my main reel.

I have an Okuma Sierra 4/5 and have been happy with it. I picked up the Prestige 7, 8, 9. I will spool it up for Erie steelhead. You can’t beat the price. Replacement spools are 16$ and the entire reel is only 14.99 + shipping.

Spoolsare actually 10 bucks now...for 25 you can get a reel and extra spool. Just don't drop them in the kitchen.

jayL wrote:

"Upon looking at it, it appears to be an Okuma sierra."

I picked one up from the Cabela's in West Virginia. I asked the salesman if the Prestige and the Okuma were the same. He showed me both side by side, and while he wouldn't say they were the same, he did have a smile on his face.

Regards

Yeah. I just picked another Sierra up. Knowing this, I would've just gotten the prestige. Damn.

I picked one up several months ago, I think it's a pretty good reel. i've used it for smallies on a six wt several times this year and I like it. I just picked up another last week when they went to $14.99 each. You can't go wrong.
John

Back