Birdsboro trout rodeo

yes i understand, rustic park got so messed up from the flood its almost not worth fishing......i have no idea why they would dig it out.....

If you know for certain that digging in the stream channel took place, then report it to Pa DEP . The general number for such reports in the South Central regional office, which is the one that covers Berks Co, is 717-705-4700. If you want to try reporting to what I think is most likely the Bureau that covers such activities, then try the Bureau of Waterways Engineering at 717-787-3411.

Just reported they are going to be doing an inspection in the next week. i also sent pictures of the damage

Keppenbill,
Thanks for reporting it. Hopefully, something is done about it.

Troy

I second what Troy has said. Props to you man, that is great. Good luck and keep us posted.

I def will went back today and they had the machine in there again taking the dams out

you should take pictures.......jsut to have proof.

Standard Chaz diatribe:
All rightous indignation aside, Aren't stocked trout put there to be harvested?
If you have a problem with a rodeo on a wild trout stream that is something that ought to be persued, but don't give me crap about the dang stockers, they can make more.
And before you get your panties in a wad, I know Hay Creek is a wild trout stream, and that should be the point of your gripes.

Opening with "All rightous (sic) indignation aside" does not make your statements less self righteous nor less indignant. I would think that you would understand that the non-permitted in stream modifications were the biggest issue here. Or you may be seeking to simply start yet another stocking discussion.

Keppenbill wrote:
Just reported they are going to be doing an inspection in the next week. i also sent pictures of the damage

That is very proactive and the proper approach in my opinion. Under separate cover I have PM'd you requesting the information for the Haycreek Watershed Association and the local TU chapter.

Troutmagnet wrote:
you should take pictures.......jsut to have proof.
Agreed. Particularly note any identifying characteristics of equipment, trucks and trailers used in the non-permitted stream modifications.

I cant seem to catch them in the act but my picture show track marks they must be in and out

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them read this forum. Seems quite coincidental that you wrote about it and then they head in to correct the situation before they are caught.

I'm trying to get the pics up but i have no idea how.

yeah i havent seen them down there working, but i havent really been down there, i hope they get in trouble because its sad what they get away with.

Our chapter, Tulpehocken TU did the work years ago. Seems a bit irrelevant now. Jaydaddy is correct, the issue is the in-stream stuff that they did without permits. Would love to see some justice done here.

Complain on this board about the rodeo accomplishes nothing, complain to the people who approve these things.

does anyone approve them to do these things?

Troy wrote:
Keppenbill,
Thanks for reporting it. Hopefully, something is done about it.

Troy

Yes, good work in reporting it. That's the thing to do.

All instream work has to have a permit, DEP writes the permit PFBC signs off. But the big thing is they can only do the work after June 15 and bfore Oct 1.
But complain first about the rodeo and have it stopped. complaining on this board about it doesn't accomplish anything.

I disagree it spreads awareness the more people that know the better.

Back