Berks county class a info

The year my first daughter was born, I think I went out ONCE after her birth (which was in June). It gets easier with time, for sure, Pat.

I live a couple of miles from the LL, fished it 3 times this year and it pained me. All for about 2 hours, which for me is a very short day.

Ok seriously this is far too epic.........
I gave myself one more post and I'm taking it.

Have you ever seriously thought about what your arguing about?
All you know about trout streams go out the window?

Pennsylvania has as of 2005, 457 stream sections were classified as supporting trout reproduction, representing more than 1,355 linear miles of stream. Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission since 1976, wild brook trout populations have been documented in 1,524 stream sections covering a total of 5,044 miles of streams.

Fact! How many miles have you fished? Most of these are wild brook trout in more remote areas of the state. More are added every year and have been since 2005.

Most wild trout water in the state is affect most by habitat and climate patterns, invasive species, agriculture, development....blah blah.
Not once to do you see bait or spin guys, fishing pressure or internet forums on that list. Wild trout streams are SEASONAL in PA at best.

Yes. For god sakes yes wild brown trout water, especially in limestoners and especially near large populations of people can be affected the most by fishing pressure. Why? Because there is less of them, and the average stream flow is consistent throughout the year and there are more people. These streams can hold over fish (wild fish at that) and can get pounded. It Happens.

I get it. We get it already!
Unfortunately for you and anyone else who disagrees but I see it this way:

Where do you draw the line? This forum was created, correct me if I'm wrong, on the relationship of some close anglers wanting a place to gather, talk and exchange stream conditions?

Its a private forum! You are a guest, there are rules.... in fact, this very post breaks the rule of talking about this subject! Choose to follow them or do not.

I have found this:
Rule One: Free flow of information is encouraged but be respectful or non-vulgar.
Rule Two: Follow first rule, all others are minor.
The mods have been more than gracious to me over the years and I appreciate the chance to express myself over the years.

Where do you expect the mods to draw the line? Its all or nothing. Who decides what stream can handle who talks about it when and how many times? You gary? How about we let HA decide? JackM you want that burden? He is a good guy. Who wants that decision? Ban a dude because he talked too much about X stream, when stream reports are a feature?

Its a feature and you can deny it. Its nice to hear a location or two now and again. Its nice to see some pics, heaven forbid of a fish or two w/ a few wrists, with a stream and a name. It makes people expand and it makes people think about what else lays out there, in their puzzle. I know why name the name?

Expand, explore find the unknown. Even you ANTI spot burners preach this. What gets you off your duff than seeing a stream you never knew about yield beautiful wild trout you never knew about.

PM's, cliques, friends, its all part of it. Some streams should be handled through PM. Yes! For gods sake have some secrets and share some special info, its all part of it, in fact its the best part.
At some point, something should come to public light. Even if its a wild brown trout limestoner in the middle of an urban area.

We are complaining, whining, and crying about 1/10 of 1% the total problems facing wild trout streams in the state when we mention spot burning. Keep that in mind.Look it up.

Join TU or something else and expend all that hate an angst you have on the subject and pay it forward in some way. You said it best DKile. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this site for so long, as I made so many friendships.

Give back.

*SECRET: Even the stream mentioned in this very thread has a secret many dont know about. And no stream report on this site has ever mentioned it. Amazing how much there is to learn about PA watersheds.

*BETTER SECRET: Ive fished more wild trout streams than most and the ones that get blasted on this site, rank near the lower percentile of the states quality streams. Keep looking!

I'm done..........got better things to waste my energy on. Think Ill join you Sunday Andy.

Anything else more important? ;-)

Ill understand if this gets deleted.........but I hope it doesn't

Back