2 Glass Rod/Reel/Line Combos...

F

Fishwagen

Looking to part with 2 Fiberglass Rod/Reel/Line combos that are not getting much use. Prefer to sell as a combo and hopefully have priced them accordingly to make your decision easy. I will also ship to you at my cost or we can meet up at a convenient spot if its local.

Combo #1...Redington Butterstick, 6'2" 2wt 3 piece with sock and factory tube. This rod is like new, fished I think three times. Paired up with an Orvis BBS I reel in black (with factory reel case) with 100yds of 20lb backing and Cortland Sylk DT 2wt line. Again the reel is like new and fished once. No marks or scratches. Line used three times and cleaned before it was put away. A great small stream or bluegill rod. $300 for everything described above.

Combo #2...Blue Halo Retro Flex II 7'6" 3wt 3 piece in charcoal with sock only. This rod was purchased as a blank and built by me. Here are the highlights...reel seat is a buckeye burl dyed black and turned to my design, sliding bands and end cap are from Lemke, stripping guide is a black agate and picked to compliment the reel seat, cork is my take on a cigar using Flor grade material, the guides are all Snake Brand. All hardware is in a black nickel finish and YLI #100 silk in charcoal was on the guides and charcoal/olive were used to wrap the winding check and ferules. This rod has been fished a few times but always taken care of. This one is paired up with an Orvis BBS II in titanium finish (with factory case) and 150 yds of 20lb backing and a Rio DT 3wt line. Reel is in great shape however there are a few light scratches to the bottom of the case in the typical spots. Same deal, $300 for everything described.

Not going to go on and sing the praises of both of these rod combos, but I love glass rods and appreciate their slower deliberate action. Both of these rods will set down a dry softer than a feather falling out of a duck's #censor#. They roll cast very well and I have also run small indicator rigs pretty easy off them. They are both perfect small stream rods.

I am firm on the prices for the combos. Not trying to be difficult, but for what I have in them and the condition they are in, I can't go any lower.

I have pics I can email or text so please ask. I'd be happy to send them to you.

Thanks, FW

photos of gear

Attachments

• FW BBS-1.jpg
    FW BBS-1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
  • FW BBS-II.jpg
    FW BBS-II.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 3
  • FW blue halo.jpg
    FW blue halo.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2