Whats your favorite bead-headed nymph?

lv2nymph totally set me up to catch a nice Spring Creek brownie at the jam this spring on his bead head mink nymph. There is no doubt they work - great pattern! Without him figuring out the exact set up that morning that was producing I'm sure I would have been skunked. Thanks again, Jack.

I voted for the BH pheasant tail but the BH hare's ear is a close second along with a BH green weenie.

No problem John, well it was a problem but I knew one of us would figure it out. Man what a weekend that was, up till two or three, fishing first thing all day, by Sunday on spring I was so tired I could hardly hold my arms up! Great weekend, we fished hard. I have some mink that is almost the color of a brick, redish/orange kinda color. I'll tie one with that for the ab like you're doing Pontus mix it up a little. Thanks Biggie I love flies with one kind of material that's such a quick tie that are so effective in all seasons. I've fished with you enough now Roger to know that most any fly on your tippet is effective, no matter where your at.

my most productive bead headed nymph this year was either a soft hackled pt or he. but I will give credit where its due, and that was with a new fly this year (frenchie) which are wicked attractor patterns

BHHE...but, wouldn't it be wonderful if dry flies were always as effective as nymphs?

After a guided trip in June, I've been fishing various styles of Frenchie with different hotspots. I'm gonna start tying them with fluorescent tungsten beads rather than the hotspots I think.

Back