What is this dub?

JohnnyUtah wrote:
The theory is the tale of the fisherman catching fly..... Look it caught troutmagnet.

Let's reword that to what you're really trying to say in every single thread:

JohnnyUtah wrote:
Everything but the garbage I'm selling is garbage.

amirite?

well i have had this fly and i was catching stocked rainbows on it and then i lost it......so i was going to tie sum up, but didnt no what dubbing, i will use the rainbow scud dubbing but it wasnt that dub when i had it?

Jayl- I havent attempted to sell anyone here any flies. I tied all my flies I sell and I will put them up against anyones ties. I dont sell garbage.

I also dont post on here in attempt to sell flies. If you cant understand that then sorry cant help you.

And we have found the nerve.

Jayl you and I will get along just fine hahaha

jayL wrote:
Let's reword that to what you're really trying to say in every single thread:
JohnnyUtah wrote:
Everything but the garbage I'm selling is garbage.
amirite?

You know its impolite to point out the emperor is wearing no clothes.

Cease and Desist: "Everybody’s got something to sell."

StaggerLee wrote:
Parmachelle Belle.. Yuck!!! Ray Bergman flies...

:-o

I just googled it. Nice conversation piece, but not something I'd be too interested in fishing. Impractical.

Cool looking bug, though.

parmachene-belle-streamer-0031.jpg

That's sort of a fancy streamerized version, put it on a standard 1xl wet hook and omit the jungle fowl eyes.

Look, at least I didn't suggest we all fish Silver Doctors.

silver-doctor-ec-gregg-3.jpg

Back when they stocked rainbows in montana I caught quite a few on the P. belle because I loved the name.lol
Didn't work to well after that.
Use to get them for 25 cents in Delaware.regular wet fly hooks.Worked well for sunnies and crappies.Gary.

pete41 wrote:
Worked well for sunnies and crappies.Gary.

Any time I successfully pull off married wings, I'm leaving it in the box to impress guys who want to see what I fish with.

gfen wrote:
pete41 wrote:
Worked well for sunnies and crappies.Gary.

Any time I successfully pull off married wings, I'm leaving it in the box to impress guys who want to see what I fish with.

I never could get a good paired wing on wets or dries, so I learned to fish wingless, at least with regard to feather-wings. I still suggest wings on some flies with other materials. Maybe I bought cheap faethers, or just didn't read the Bible of Tying (Tyers Desk Reference) carefully enough.

JackM wrote:
I never could get a good paired wing on wets or dries, so I learned to fish wingless, at least with regard to feather-wings. I still suggest wings on some flies with other materials. Maybe I bought cheap faethers, or just didn't read the Bible of Tying (Tyers Desk Reference) carefully enough.

I mostly just use cheap feathers, but while quill slips look great they're not the better functioning material.

Hen saddle, rolled, has better movement. It also won't act like a rudder and make the fly do whacky nonsense under the water. I tie it in, then pull it up and put a wrap under the feather to #OOPS# it up a bit.

That's probably not neccessary, but it makes me feel better about myself.

When you say "rolled" hen hackle what do you mean? Rolled tight along the length of the stem? Pictures? Diagrams? I want to tie paired wings better.

JackM wrote:
When you say "rolled" hen hackle what do you mean? Rolled tight along the length of the stem? Pictures? Diagrams? I want to tie paired wings better.

Pull off clump, roll it in fingers so it makes a mess. Not tying paired wings better; not tying paired wings at all.

You want them to fray and tangle anyways, a natural drowned doesn't have those pristine wings.

JackM wrote:

Jack, here are the instructions from a site that tied the Royal Coachman wet fly. Hope this helps.

"Select a fully webbed white hen hackle and strip about half an inch of fibers from the feather. Trim the ends of the fibers and roll them between your fingers to form a "tube" or linear bunch of hackle This will become the wing."

Back