What are your angling colors?

What is wrong with light blue? the fish look up. the sky is blue. herons are blue. Just saying.

Sort of an iron blue, but your point is made.

Never really thought about that aspect of it, but figure the natural predators of fish are herons, that would seem to be a pretty logical colour choice.

Pete, you ought to make that your new avatar.

Do ospreys hunt like eagles, or like king fishers? I could probably do my own research, but this let's becker hit me with a LMGTFY.com link.

Still think heron's got it its a wading predator.

I n the west the Ospreys are the big beaks-they love power poles-

gfen wrote:

Still think heron's got it its a wading predator.

Correct. Stand and wait. You can confirm this daily on the Tully. Nom, nom, nom.

jdaddy wrote:
Correct. Stand and wait. You can confirm this daily on the Tully.

Ergo, slate grey for colours.

The more I think about it, the more sense I think it makes next to camoflauge.

Which I'm not wearing unless I get drafted.

gfen wrote:
jdaddy wrote:
Correct. Stand and wait. You can confirm this daily on the Tully.

Ergo, slate grey for colours.

The more I think about it, the more sense I think it makes next to camoflauge.

Which I'm not wearing unless I get drafted.

I still hold that not being seen is the answer here versus patterning oneself after the fishes #2 out of water predator.

Bird has evolved to catch fish just like we do, lying in wait and with surprise.

It doesn't have camo/mottling. There must be a reason.

EDIT:
Hey, look, this one takes a page from JayL's streamer pattern guide... lures the trouts with an entire rabbit.
unluckyrabbit01.jpg

LOL

gfen wrote:

Do ospreys hunt like eagles, or like king fishers?

Ospreys look for fish on the surface and dive down and grab them.Their feathers cushion the dive.Eagle are scavengers and take floating fishes.Ospreys fly with the fishes head foreward.Lots of both since the pesticides were eliminated,DDT.

Back